Are you struggling to find buyers?

alyssahunterx

Are you struggling to find buyers?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Are you struggling to find buyers?

• Yes
    • No
    • There are slow periods, but overall no
    • Other
  2. 2. Do you advertise anywhere else?

Are you struggling to find buyers? I find myself having MAYBE a buyer a month. Feeling a bit defeated. I started my book cover gig in 2019 but redid everything to make it more eye catching about 8 months ago. Since then I have had 5 orders on my covers. I also have a new beta reading gig that has 1 order. My Vector Flat Art gig has none so far. Am I doing something wrong? I know there are ways to advertise, but I cant help feeling a little embarrassed to promote it. About the only platform I have that has any following is Facebook, but I don't want to bore my family with advertisements. This is a look at my analytics for each gig . How can I boost this? Are there too many graphics gigs out there for competition? Any input or advise would be appreciated. 

image.thumb.png.1b2cb649c2e6abb7a1fec80d5cd3df7c.png

• Like 3

6 hours ago, alyssahunterx said:

I also have a new beta reading gig that has 1 order.

I noticed that you are only offering to read the 1st chapter and this statement of yours may be turning away potential buyers: "The first chapter is the most important to capture your reader's attention, so I feel if your first chapter isn't up to par, why bother with the rest? (Sorry for being blunt...)." What if the first chapter is good? Will  you read more than the first chapter?

There are also several grammatical errors in your gig description which may turn away some authors, since you mention that you will make note of punctuation and spelling errors.

I started my book cover gig in 2019 but redid everything to make it more eye catching about 8 months ago. Since then I have had 5 orders on my covers.

I like your samples! Please add more via PDFs (you can add two PDFs to your gallery). When I was a new seller with few reviews, my portfolio was the reason for buyers placing orders. It gave me credibility because buyers could see what kind of work I could do for them.

My Vector Flat Art gig has none so far.

When your impressions are that low, it means your gig isn't seen as relevant. Check your title, tags, and gig descriptions to make sure it's relevant to the services you are offering. I also noticed you only have one gig image, so you can definitely add more samples to show your buyers what you can do.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

My Answers:

1. Are you struggling to find buyers?: No

2. Do you advertise anywhere else?: Nowhere else. 

On 2/13/2023 at 5:15 AM, alyssahunterx said:

Are you struggling to find buyers? I find myself having MAYBE a buyer a month. Feeling a bit defeated. I started my book cover gig in 2019 but redid everything to make it more eye catching about 8 months ago. Since then I have had 5 orders on my covers. I also have a new beta reading gig that has 1 order. My Vector Flat Art gig has none so far. Am I doing something wrong? I know there are ways to advertise, but I cant help feeling a little embarrassed to promote it. About the only platform I have that has any following is Facebook, but I don't want to bore my family with advertisements. This is a look at my analytics for each gig . How can I boost this? Are there too many graphics gigs out there for competition? Any input or advise would be appreciated. 

If you are not getting buyers/orders, then it means you need to work more on your gigs to make them attractive for buyers!

Your gig: I will create vector illustrations of your photos: You have added only 1 image in the gallery of this gig. Add 2 more images to show your portfolio.

• Like 3
  • Congrats! 1

10 hours ago, smartdezigns said:

Your gig: I will create vector illustrations of your photos: You have added only 1 image in the gallery of this gig. Add 2 more images to show your portfolio.

Should I add more photos if I pasted all my images into the first cover image? The vector gig is a new one where I don't really have a broad portfolio. What would be the best course of action? Spread my portfolio out instead of having them all (so far) on the cover image?

• Like 1
  • Congrats! 1

36 minutes ago, alyssahunterx said:

The vector gig is a new one where I don't really have a broad portfolio.

If you don't have a portfolio, create one! This is the best way to show your buyers what you can do. I didn't have portfolios either when I first started so I had to make up projects for myself until I started getting buyers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alyssahunterx said:

Should I add more photos if I pasted all my images into the first cover image? The vector gig is a new one where I don't really have a broad portfolio. What would be the best course of action? Spread my portfolio out instead of having them all (so far) on the cover image?

Well portfolio matters. That way, buyers will be able to understand your skills and that you have an ability to do the task or not! So you need to work on creating a portfolio. You can use your creativity to design something as you are a Graphic Designer too.

Good Luck

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1