[HELP] With 7-20 gigs, how do you keep from getting overwhelmed

rdenoncourt

Question

I want to get started on Fiverr selling several editing/proofreading services, but I'm curious - if I started out creating the max of 7 gigs, how would I keep from getting overwhelmed?

Is it possible that I would get 7 gigs all at once that would need to all be completed simultaneously to meet the 3-5 day completion period?

For those with 20 gigs, how do they juggle it? What if all 20 were bringing in clients at once and simultaneously?

Thanks.
  • Like 10

8 answers to this question

1 minute ago, rdenoncourt said:

I suppose you could just extend the order delivery date, but you wouldn't want to be doing that all the time (assuming your gigs are in high demand) right?

It's definitely something to avoid.

2 minutes ago, rdenoncourt said:

I'm just wondering how freelancers juggle multiple orders coming in at the same time.

There are several ways.

1. Set realistic deadlines while keeping in mind that more people could order at the same time. I see people with a bunch of orders who have 2 weeks (or longer) as a deadline.

2. Turn yourself unavailable if you get too many orders at the same time, and only become available again when you are ready to work on more orders.

3. If you have it, you can use "request to order" feature on your gigs.

4. Have a team (if you see a gig with hundreds of orders in queue, it's probably a team account).

5. When strictly necessary, extend the deadline, but use that feature sparingly.

6. If you cancel an order and the buyer reorders within 14 days, it won't affect your stats. Like deadline extension, this is only to be used when you run out of options (and can only be used if the buyer agrees and is ok with a later delivery).

• Like 5
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, catwriter said:

1. Set realistic deadlines while keeping in mind that more people could order at the same time. I see people with a bunch of orders who have 2 weeks (or longer) as a deadline.

I set my delivery time at a minimum of 3 days because if I get an order over the weekend, I have time to work on it on Monday. I also set my delivery time as one day more than I need in case of internet issues. When I deliver early, buyers are always happy. 

Turn yourself unavailable if you get too many orders at the same time, and only become available again when you are ready to work on more orders.

I have had to make myself unavailable a few times, but having an added day to my delivery times, I typically do not need to. 

When strictly necessary, extend the deadline, but use that feature sparingly.

I have never needed to extend the deadline. 

I do not have anything else to add. Good luck. 🍀

• Like 6
  • Up 1

16 minutes ago, catwriter said:

What's the difference between having 20 gigs and they get an order each, and having one gig that 20 people order at the same time?

Good point. I'm just wondering how freelancers juggle multiple orders coming in at the same time. I suppose you could just extend the order delivery date, but you wouldn't want to be doing that all the time (assuming your gigs are in high demand) right?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, catwriter said:

It's definitely something to avoid.

There are several ways.

2. Turn yourself unavailable if you get too many orders at the same time, and only become available again when you are ready to work on more orders.

3. If you have it, you can use "request to order" feature on your gigs.

4. Have a team (if you see a gig with hundreds of orders in queue, it's probably a team account).

5. When strictly necessary, extend the deadline, but use that feature sparingly.

6. If you cancel an order and the buyer reorders within 14 days, it won't affect your stats. Like deadline extension, this is only to be used when you run out of options (and can only be used if the buyer agrees and is ok with a later delivery).

This is awesome, thank you!

• Like 3