Why do you star your orders?

woofy31

I use the “Starred” feature only to star orders where the buyer isn’t responsive or has stopped responding, to keep track of them and regularly send them a message to “wake up”.

Why do you star your orders? Maybe someone has a better idea for them 😉

Reply to @mrexplainer: yeah, but there’s one problem: the star has to be applied by you on orders, so if you get an order from a repeating customer that order will not get automatically starred - you’ll have to star it yourself, thus making it useless if you have a lot of repeating customers because you’ll lose track very quickly…

Reply to @madmoo: Now that would make a great feature 😃 Although when having many orders you’ll get colors all mixed up and quickly forget what each color is for… so a better feature would be custom order tags, where you can create custom tags and assign them to orders (some tags could be “waiting for info”, “waiting for daylight”, “fishy buyer”, that sort of tags), and you could have a filtering functionality to filter out by tags 😃

I have only starred two orders so far. Although I tell all my buyers that I offer one free remake in case they’re not fully satisfied with the product, I have only had two orders to remake so far. I starred those not to forget about them, as I put my active orders before remakes, so not starring would have made it difficult for me to pick from all the rest of the delivered orders.

Guest tn5rr2012

@woofy31: It is a program created for me by a friend of mine who works at Microsoft in Redmond. He helps me with my software issues and needs. Years ago I would help him test new software concepts that he came up with. So the software and program is not available to the public

I’ve recently been using stars to mark the ones that I want done that day. I can’t get to the end of my queue yet so taking it in small bites makes me feel more productive and is more motivating than seeing it as a never-ending to-do list. It seems to work too! As long as my rate of completion outpaces the rate of new orders coming in, I know I’ll reach 0 eventually!

• 4 weeks later...

I found really good use for them. Because my gigs are delivered in 3 stages 1) Script, 2) Animation and 3) Voice Over. I have been using them to mark the ones that are ready for animation. I think work on the gigs which have scripts through to voice over. This has improved my work flow!

• 3 years later...

Hello there, Woofy31. I have joined the fivver on January 2016 but the problem is that I have been getting only one order why ? even though I worked so hard and they gave me 5-star rating with a great response so far . But not getting why it is happening with me. Why don’t I get the order as like you, sir? please , help me in this regard so that I can be as like you.

Archived