Potential buyer after back and forth messaging says, "Great, I'd like to buy your gig!" but then doesn't?

carlavernonyoga

Question

Hello! I'm a new seller on Fiverr and a few times now I have a potential buyer message me with questions, and after a brief back and forth they say great I'd love to buy your Basic Package (or whatever). When I say, "Great! Once you place the order (further instructions here)" there is no response. If the person changes their mind, that's fine. But is it possible the buyer doesn't know how to purchase a gig once they are in messages? What do other sellers do here?

• Like 3

5 answers to this question

Whenever this happens I always send a reminder about a week later including something along the lines of 'hi I wanted to check if you're still looking for your project to be completed. If not or if you've found another seller that's completely fine, I just wanted to make sure', but then more specific to my service.

Sometimes they respond, sometimes they don't. Often when people do get back to me they've changed their minds and end up not wanting to do a certain project at this time. After one reminder though I let them be if they don't respond, because (although it's the polite thing to do) they don't owe me an explanation! 

• Like 3
  • Up 1

24 minutes ago, sabinespoems said:

Whenever this happens I always send a reminder about a week later including something along the lines of 'hi I wanted to check if you're still looking for your project to be completed. If not or if you've found another seller that's completely fine, I just wanted to make sure', but then more specific to my service.

Sometimes they respond, sometimes they don't. Often when people do get back to me they've changed their minds and end up not wanting to do a certain project at this time. After one reminder though I let them be if they don't respond, because (although it's the polite thing to do) they don't owe me an explanation! 

Send them a polite reminder and also when a buyer agrees to purchase a gig then immediately send them a custom offer to accept it. Don't wait or ask clients to order directly from gig packages. Also if a buyer does not accept an offer then you can send them a message about budget . Offer them a lower price if their affordable budget is lower than offered quote. Try to engage them in every way to develop their confidence in you. This is my way of dealing my clients and most of the time it works. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, carlavernonyoga said:

Hello! I'm a new seller on Fiverr and a few times now I have a potential buyer message me with questions, and after a brief back and forth they say great I'd love to buy your Basic Package (or whatever). When I say, "Great! Once you place the order (further instructions here)" there is no response. If the person changes their mind, that's fine. But is it possible the buyer doesn't know how to purchase a gig once they are in messages? What do other sellers do here?

Most of the times, they don't have any intention to buy. They might just be checking your gigs or wanting to get information from you about something.

• Like 5

It happens frequently :) sometimes they are finding another seller (for ex: cheaper or fancier) sometimes they are just fake buyers and sometimes they just need time ... I would not recommend to send them messages and push... they will be back to you If they decide :)

• Like 3