Can anyone please answer the following questions?

theiconwriters

Hi, I hope you are in the best of health. I sent a message to the client asking him to extend the delivery time. However, he has been offline for the last couple of days. So, I have opened a dispute with a request to extend the delivery time. The order’s original delivery time is over.

I want to know what will happen after 24 hours. Will the order be canceled automatically? Or will it stay there on the list of active orders? Will the dispute (time extension request) prevent the “order” from automatically getting canceled? Please answer based on your experiences! I really appreciate any help you can provide.

1 hour ago, theiconwriters said:

Hi, I hope you are in the best of health. I sent a message to the client asking him to extend the delivery time. However, he has been offline for the last couple of days. So, I have opened a dispute with a request to extend the delivery time. The order’s original delivery time is over.

I want to know what will happen after 24 hours. Will the order be canceled automatically? Or will it stay there on the list of active orders? Will the dispute (time extension request) prevent the “order” from automatically getting canceled? Please answer based on your experiences! I really appreciate any help you can provide.

If you have sent a request for more time and the buyer doesn't respond to that request, the order will not be canceled automatically. It will simply pull back the request and the order will continue to be "late". At this point, if you deliver the order, it will affect your on-time stats. Since it's very late at this point, the buyer can also cancel the order if they wish, but nothing will happen automatically. 

Keep in mind that it's a weekend. This will sometimes happen, and hopefully your buyer will be back on monday. If the request has timed out by then, you could send another request for more time. 

If you can't reach your buyer at all (unresponsive buyer) after multiple attempts for a solution, you could reach out to customer support. They can then cancel the order for you without it affecting your stats. 

Best of luck! 

5 hours ago, smashradio said:

If you have sent a request for more time and the buyer doesn't respond to that request, the order will not be canceled automatically. It will simply pull back the request and the order will continue to be "late". At this point, if you deliver the order, it will affect your on-time stats. Since it's very late at this point, the buyer can also cancel the order if they wish, but nothing will happen automatically. 

Keep in mind that it's a weekend. This will sometimes happen, and hopefully your buyer will be back on monday. If the request has timed out by then, you could send another request for more time. 

If you can't reach your buyer at all (unresponsive buyer) after multiple attempts for a solution, you could reach out to customer support. They can then cancel the order for you without it affecting your stats. 

Best of luck! 

Thanks for your valuable sharing!

Archived