Why my gig was denied

sandipk86

Hi,

I had a Gig where i satarted a service to - "Promote Udemy courses via Instructor coupons". I created a gig on which the Instructors from Udemy can order to promote their course that is allowed in Udemy as they allow Instructors to create coupons to promote their courses.

The Gig was active and i got 3 orders as well but suddenly the Gig was Denied and I received email from Fiverr that says that the Gig is removed because it violates the community guidelines and trust and safety.

I am not sure what was the breach from my end. How can i know that what exactly is the reason for the Gig denial and myself getting a warning.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Up 2

9 hours ago, sandipk86 said:

I created a gig on which the Instructors from Udemy can order to promote their course
that is allowed in Udemy as they allow Instructors to create coupons to promote their courses.

I'm not so sure about that.

https://www.udemy.com/terms/instructor/

3.1 Trust & Safety Policies
We reserve the right to remove content, suspend payouts, and/or ban instructors for any reason at any time, without prior notice, including in cases where:

• an instructor engages in behavior that might reflect unfavorably on Udemy or bring Udemy into public disrepute, contempt, scandal, or ridicule;
  • an instructor engages the services of a marketer or other business partner who violates Udemy's policies;
  • an instructor uses the Services in a way that constitutes unfair competition, such as promotion of their off-site business in a way that violates Udemy's policies;

5.2 Instructor Coupons and Course Referral Links
The Udemy platform allows you to generate coupon codes and referral links to offer certain items of your Submitted Content to students at a discount, at Udemy's current price, or for free, as permitted within the Services. These coupon codes and referral links are subject to limits, and you may not sell them on third-party websites or otherwise offer them in exchange for compensation. Additional information and restrictions on these coupon codes and referral links are outlined in our Trust & Safety policies.

• Like 8
  • Up 4

Yes, but we are not selling the coupons, rather we are promoting the coupons and students are taking the coupons for free. Neither, we ask them for exchange of review. Most importantly, there are so many active GIGS already that does provide "Promote udemy courses" services on Udemy. Why those Gigs are qualified?

• Like 5

You surely don't need @lloydsolutionsto hand-feed you this information? She was kind enough to post it; is it so difficult to read it instead of asking 'what is that I need to read'? 🙂 This is why sellers get in trouble--because they won't do their research and instead, copy what everyone else is doing. 

As for why there are other sellers who offer the same sort of gigs...

Think about it this way. When I drive my car, there are tens of thousands of uninsured drivers on the roads too. Is it a good legal argument that I then decide not to insure my car on the basis that 'a lot of other people aren't insured?' Just because people do it, that's not an indicator that it's fine. 

In other words, other sellers have similar gigs because they haven't been caught yet. You were the unlucky one.

Edited by anniejenkinson
Correction! As always...
  • Like 11
  • Up 1

4 hours ago, anniejenkinson said:

You surely don't need @lloydsolutionsto hand-feed you this information? She was kind enough to post it; is it so difficult to read it instead of asking 'what is that I need to read'? 🙂 This is why sellers get in trouble--because they won't do their research and instead, copy what everyone else is doing. 

As for why there are other sellers who offer the same sort of gigs...

Think about it this way. When I drive my car, there are tens of thousands of uninsured drivers on the roads too. Is it a good legal argument that I then decide not to insure my car on the basis that 'a lot of other people aren't insured?' Just because people do it, that's not an indicator that it's fine. 

In other words, other sellers have similar gigs because they haven't been caught yet. You were the unlucky one.

I dont't require hand-feed or spoon feeding. Don't be rude. Whatever she posted after Read This: was not getting loaded in my screen multiple times. It was showing as a cross button only and hence i asked. I did not copy any other Gigs. Once i received a warning, i was just trying to do a R & D to see what is illegal in that Gig, that's all. Whatever 3.1 Trust & Safety Policies is applicable for the Udemy Instructor and the promoter is not violating any services. In fact, there are multiple courses on Udemy itself approved by udemy that educates people on how to promote their courses through social media. There is nothing wrong in that.

As per 5.2 Instructor Coupons and Course Referral Links, the insturctor is not selling the coupons. Selling means to send the coupons and ask for money but in this case, the Instructors are taking the help of social media manager who promotes their coupons and charge a nominal amount for the service. 

As the review of my account is going on, it was still not clear to me which policy i violated and hence i wanted to take a feedback from the fellow sellers. Your feedback is extremely rude. If you cannot help some one, you are not forced to reply. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, sandipk86 said:

I dont't require hand-feed or spoon feeding. Don't be rude.

Well you can easily search and find all the information yourself, asking others to find it for you is spoon-feeding, or something similar to that. There are answers on the internet, you can find them on your own.

Regarding your question.. If you think that a service is close to getting you banned since it doesn't really fit the rules of a third party platform like Udemy, clearly it's not a good idea to offer such a service. If it's open the interpretation you can still end up being banned. Read the terms and rules of Udemy, and then you will know what they allow and what is not ok. 

4 hours ago, sandipk86 said:

As the review of my account is going on, it was still not clear to me which policy i violated and hence i wanted to take a feedback from the fellow sellers. Your feedback is extremely rude. If you cannot help some one, you are not forced to reply. 

It seems you already were banned and the account is under review.. so I guess the suggestion above is too late. Fiverr shares a reason for your ban/suspension via email. That's the only thing you get from them, so you will never know what exactly triggered this. But you did end up breaching either the Udemy or Fiverr rules. 

Regarding the last part.. you are asking people for the reason why you were banned. @anniejenkinson was kind enough to reply even if she didn't have to. This is a public forum man, if you ask for reasons why you were banned, people can chime in and share their opinion. It's PUBLIC, after all. You should have expected opinions different to yours when you enter a public forum. If you feel someone disrespected you through their message, just ignore it. I for one think her point was valid and she was not rude, let alone extremely rude. 

I can only assume Fiverr started cutting down services related to Udemy promotion so.. as long as your service is related to that, they removed it. Maybe it was an automated takedown and Fiverr will review the service. Sometimes (only 1% or less), there is a chance that your service is back if a manual review shows an automated takedown was not ok. But most of the time, if the seller/service is removed, they are gone for good. Hopefully this gives you some feedback and idea, we are sellers ourselves and unless we sold the same thing you did and we got banned ourselves, we can't really know the exact thing that caused such a problem.

• Like 4
  • Up 4

On 7/10/2022 at 1:40 PM, donnovan86 said:

Well you can easily search and find all the information yourself, asking others to find it for you is spoon-feeding, or something similar to that. There are answers on the internet, you can find them on your own.

Regarding your question.. If you think that a service is close to getting you banned since it doesn't really fit the rules of a third party platform like Udemy, clearly it's not a good idea to offer such a service. If it's open the interpretation you can still end up being banned. Read the terms and rules of Udemy, and then you will know what they allow and what is not ok. 

It seems you already were banned and the account is under review.. so I guess the suggestion above is too late. Fiverr shares a reason for your ban/suspension via email. That's the only thing you get from them, so you will never know what exactly triggered this. But you did end up breaching either the Udemy or Fiverr rules. 

Regarding the last part.. you are asking people for the reason why you were banned. @anniejenkinson was kind enough to reply even if she didn't have to. This is a public forum man, if you ask for reasons why you were banned, people can chime in and share their opinion. It's PUBLIC, after all. You should have expected opinions different to yours when you enter a public forum. If you feel someone disrespected you through their message, just ignore it. I for one think her point was valid and she was not rude, let alone extremely rude. 

I can only assume Fiverr started cutting down services related to Udemy promotion so.. as long as your service is related to that, they removed it. Maybe it was an automated takedown and Fiverr will review the service. Sometimes (only 1% or less), there is a chance that your service is back if a manual review shows an automated takedown was not ok. But most of the time, if the seller/service is removed, they are gone for good. Hopefully this gives you some feedback and idea, we are sellers ourselves and unless we sold the same thing you did and we got banned ourselves, we can't really know the exact thing that caused such a problem.

Thank you fellow members. I am not currently banned and I got my first warning and the account is restricted. I had read the TOS and community Guidelines carefully but I was not aware that services like these can also get me banned as the TOS is not clear with respect to course promotions. Anywas, if my account is restored, I will not provide this service. I used Fiverr more as a Buyer, rather than a Seller. I do not have much repentance on my account being restricted. I just wanted to avail Fiverr Services as a Buyer and I am more concerned about it. 

Yes, you can easily find out any information but sometimes, you might get confused and do mistake even after having all the mistakes and people learn from mistakes. I was not asking others to find out information on my behalf as its your wrong interpretation and you are free to interpret anything. 

Everything is mentioned clearly on Fiverr and if everyone will read everything in detail and will understand it 100% right in the same way as Fiverr, then there would be no forum and you will not be required to answer in Forum. 

It was the first time for me to post any question on the Forum and hence i wanted to seek some guidance from fellow fiverr sellers/buyers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sandipk86 said:

It was the first time for me to post any question on the Forum and hence i wanted to seek some guidance from fellow fiverr sellers/buyers.

🙂 The thing is, we don't really know why you had issues or any reason behind any restriction. For me, banned/restricted is the same thing, they check the account and see if it will remain banned or if it was a mistake. But that can take up to 90 days. 

• Like 4