I am not getting orders from the gig promotion.

Hello there

I hope everyone doing well. In the very beginning of the fiver gig promotion, I got some good buyer as well as orders. but in the recent time, I can not get even a single order from the fiverr gig promotion. Last month it has costed me $8, but earning was $00.

I would love to hear your experience with fiverr gig promotion and tips to figure out this problem.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 6
  • Sad 5

4 minutes ago, sakinur_rahman said:

Hello there

I hope everyone doing well. In the very beginning of the fiver gig promotion, I got some good buyer as well as orders. but in the recent time, I can not get even a single order from the fiverr gig promotion. Last month it has costed me $8, but earning was $00.

I would love to hear your experience with fiverr gig promotion and tips to figure out this problem.

Thanks in advance.

I would consider freshening up my gig thumbnails, if I were you. They have way too much text on them. It becomes impossible to read on smaller devices, and because people have a short attention span, you need to hook them right away. That means communicating what you do with as little text as possible. Keep in mind that even if Fiverr shows your gig to someone, that doesn't mean they will click on it. That is your job as a seller: make your gig attractive and the clicks will hopefully come. From there, your gig video, gig description and portfolio must do the rest, converting them into buyers. 

Best of luck! 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, smashradio said:

I would consider freshening up my gig thumbnails, if I were you. They have way too much text on them. It becomes impossible to read on smaller devices, and because people have a short attention span, you need to hook them right away. That means communicating what you do with as little text as possible. Keep in mind that even if Fiverr shows your gig to someone, that doesn't mean they will click on it. That is your job as a seller: make your gig attractive and the clicks will hopefully come. From there, your gig video, gig description and portfolio must do the rest, converting them into buyers. 

Best of luck! 

Thank you so much for your excellent tips. But I am scared to edit my gig. If I will change my gig thumbnail, I think the rank will lost. I am getting click from the gig promotion, but not getting message. I think the problem is the second point of your answer. (Reset Gig description). But I am also scared  here to edit my gig descriptions.

I see you are working for a very long time, could you please clear me about the gig editing and ranking lost things?

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, sakinur_rahman said:

But I am scared to edit my gig. If I will change my gig thumbnail, I think the rank will lost. I

It is true that your gig will drop out of search results for a while when you edit it. But don't be scared. This is normal, and happens because the Fiverr algorithm is re-learning your gig. It has to go through everything agian to see what has been changed, and how that will affect the placement in search.

"Rank" doesn't work like it used to. You don't "build up" rank over time, whereby any edit you make will force you to start over.

Your place in the search results are based on your performance combined with how relevant Fiverr thinks your gig is to each single buyer when they perform a search. Making well thought out and smart edits to your gig (like improving thumbnails that is not working) is the right thing to do. 

I'm a Top Rated Seller and I've been here since 2014. I've been editing my gig every month since I was a level two seller. Improving my gig descriptions, thumbnails, changing pricing and testing out new things. I'm still here and I'm still "ranking". 

So don't be afraid of editing your gig. Be afraid of not editing your gig when it's needed. 

If you're getting clicks, you could possibly get more clicks with better thumbnails. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 8
  • Up 1

2 minutes ago, smashradio said:

It is true that your gig will drop out of search results for a while when you edit it. But don't be scared. This is normal, and happens because the Fiverr algorithm is re-learning your gig. It has to go through everything agian to see what has been changed, and how that will affect the placement in search.

"Rank" doesn't work like it used to. You don't "build up" rank over time, whereby any edit you make will force you to start over.

Your place in the search results are based on your performance combined with how relevant Fiverr thinks your gig is to each single buyer when they perform a search. Making well thought out and smart edits to your gig (like improving thumbnails that is not working) is the right thing to do. 

I'm a Top Rated Seller and I've been here since 2014. I've been editing my gig every month since I was a level two seller. Improving my gig descriptions, thumbnails, changing pricing and testing out new things. I'm still here and I'm still "ranking". 

So don't be afraid of editing your gig. Be afraid of not editing your gig when it's needed. 

Thank you much dear brother. I really appreciate it. Surely, it will help me a lot.

• Like 8

@sakinur_rahman Adding to all of that – yes, it might be your gig description causing fewer people to convert as well. 

I took a look at your gig description on your main gig. Sorry, but I don't have time to read all of them. 

From what I can see, it's not terrible. But it could be improved. There's a few grammar issues (try using Grammarly Premium to improve your writing), but here are some things you can think about, in order to improve the description further: 

• Who are your clients and what is their challenge/problem
  • How will you solve that problem
  • What is your value proposition (why should buyers order from you, and not someone else?)
  • What makes you and your service unique? 

Make those things stand out in your gig description. 

Then, there are some red flags/contradictions in your description I would take a closer look at. 

You're offering "free maintenance". What does this include? A couple of bulletpoints down, you offer "5 days free support". Is the free maintenance only available for 5 days? Will my website really need maintenance that fast? And what happens after that?

You're also offering 24/7 support. Do you have a dedicated team to ensure this is possible? Or is it in fact not 24/7? If it's not, then you're not honest and you're over-promising. That's not good

You offer "unlimited revisions". That's dangerous on so many levels. First of all, it will attract buyers that want to abuse you by making you work for free. If i was a business person looking to set up an online store, I would know that in real business, you have to pay people when they work for you. I would be careful to hire someone who doesn't have the self-respect to demand payment for their work.

Those are some thoughts I have after reading your gig description. If I'm thinking it, maybe buyers are, too. 

I hope that helps! 🙂 And remember: this is just me being honest and trying to help, so don't take it the wrong way! 😄

P.S. On Fiverr, we're dealing with international buyers from all over the world. I recommend avoiding words like Sir, Dear, Brother, Mam and so on. 

In a lot of countries, this can come across as weird or even put some people off. I'm not your brother. I never met you. I'm a business professional. I know it's considered polite in some countries, but since it's difficult to know when/where to use it online, I recommend avoiding these terms. First names or usernames will do! 🙂

I wrote a topic about it: 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 11