Fiverr ID Verification

Hi! I have verified my Fiverr account with my mother's ID because I don't have any ID yet. But the problem is: that despite being verified with my father's ID, I'm using my picture on my Fiverr profile. Now would it be ok if I keep using my picture or should I use my mother's picture? 

• Like 8
  • Sad 4

Hi @shanta350,

It should be your picture ...and since the Fiverr account is yours, your ID is the only acceptable form of ID to verify your account.

Even for minor accounts (requiring parents to agree to the ToS), the minor's ID is needed. This is to ensure that all information is accurate and truthful. This means that if you don't have an ID (such as a passport), you can't verify your account (and using someone else's identity violates Fiverr's ToS and could get your account banned).

The best thing to do is reach out to Customer Service to find out what you should do to get your account straightened out. It doesn't make sense to keep operating using someone else's ID. There may be other forms of ID/documentation that you already have that may be acceptable for Fiverr. Otherwise, you will need to get an acceptable form of ID before you will be allowed to offer services on Fiverr.

• Like 12

• 3 months later...

I checked out the thread on Fiverr's ID verification. Personally, I think having an identity validation service could be a good move. It might help boost trust between buyers and sellers, which is always a plus. I get that some folks might be concerned about privacy, but if it helps cut down on scams or sketchy stuff, it could be worth it. Plus, Fiverr's been around a while and they probably know what they're doing. Just my two cents though!

• Like 3