[Video editing] Gig settings clarification

candid_spark

Question

Hello,

I'm currently in the process of setting up my first video editing gig, and find the optional "Sound Design & Mixing" extra a bit nebulous.
Does it just mean that I will do sound balancing? Or that I will add special effects? Or music?

If I tick that box, what will people likely be expecting that I am offering?

Thank you.

2 answers to this question

2 hours ago, candid_spark said:

Hello,

I'm currently in the process of setting up my first video editing gig, and find the optional "Sound Design & Mixing" extra a bit nebulous.
Does it just mean that I will do sound balancing? Or that I will add special effects? Or music?

If I tick that box, what will people likely be expecting that I am offering?

Thank you.

Yes when you tick this people will consider it that you will provide that to them. I understand that question only. That's why i answered it. Hope that other will help you 🙂

Hello,

Thank you for the quick reply.

To clarify: what I need input on is what sort of services are generally expected of me when I tick that "Sound Design & Mixing" box?
Like, what sorts of things am I advertising by checking it?

Am I implying that I will do simple stuff like balancing the sound levels?
Or am I implying that I will do more time consuming things like adding comedic sound effects, underlying music, etc...

Or is it common practice to just check that box, and then detail what exactly you are prepared to do (and not to do) in the description/Q&A?

Archived