Hi, i have a question about spam chat

shay_levinger

Question

Hello, i currently received a message 

from a guy [ i won’t say his name]
which said

Hi.

We saw your profile and we are impressed with your work we would love to work with you on our ongoing projects.

the message was in the spam messages.

maybe they could be wrong by identifying this account as spam or it could be some kind of fraud?

thanks.

3 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, shay_levinger said:

maybe they could be wrong by identifying this account as spam or it could be some kind of fraud?

Its completely possible it was incorrectly identified as spam. You are allowed to respond to the message. Ask the potential Buyer some questions to do your own due diligence to assess whether or not it is a legitimate opportunity.

5 hours ago, nikandco said:

Its completely possible it was incorrectly identified as spam. You are allowed to respond to the message. Ask the potential Buyer some questions to do your own due diligence to assess whether or not it is a legitimate opportunity.

Thank you . Its helpful for me. 

I never really trust the spam filter. Because ever since I started on Fiverr only approximately 2 messages arrived in my spam inbox. And believe me, I've had way more spam messages than that. Fiverr also says the messages in the spam inbox aren't incorporated in your response stats, but I've read a few examples on this forum where this apparently wasn't true and it was still used in the calculations. 

Therefore I always respond (both in- and outside the spam category) to any 'hi/hello/whatever else spam' message I get. It doesn't cost me anything and in that way I'm always safe, response rate & potential client wise.  

Archived