'Briefs' message marked as spam

I've just send my first offer for the Briefs & Match service. I've filled in the requirements, which is just your standard gig offer. When I clicked on 'go to inbox' however (thinking it would just take me to my own inbox), it redirected me to this specific buyer. I then saw this; 

"Your message is being reviewed by our Trust and Safety team since it is suspected to be spam. Instead of sending the same message to multiple Sellers - post a public request. Note: messaging to advertise your services is not allowed."

Now I'm not too worried about this. I know it's just a standard automatic system response to a fairly 'new' feature. I figured it's marked as spam because in the eyes of Fiverr I've send a message 'unprovoked'. 

What's just surprising to me is that this happens as a result of something Fiverr has implemented themselves. Is it just me or is this a bit strange? 

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

An update;

"Your message was labeled as spam and blocked by our Trust and Safety team. [insert username] won't be able to see it."

Now that's just simply weird. I'll contact CS about it just because I'm wondering why this happens when I'm only following Fiverr's instructions. 

Edited by sabinespoems
  • Like 2