Someone copying my old gig description and falsifying a Proz certification

spaintranslator

I just came across a seller who is copying the exact same gig description I used a while ago in one of my bestelling gigs... he is also publishing a certification from Proz, but he is not a member of the Proz network (I verified that information directly with them). He is publishing a falsified diploma, Proz does not use this font in their certifications, neither two translation language pairs in a single diploma. I reported this seller a few days ago but nothing has happened... what a pity that there are people like this.

I once had a senior exec from a well known bank purchase my business consultancy gig. We had a great call. We talked about lots of things, including how he should consider selling on fiverr. 3 days later he sent a message requesting another call, and I noticed he was now a 'new seller'. I looked at his new gig which was also business consultancy. No problem in that. BUT he had 100% copied my gig description 😠. The only difference was his gig image. 

I replied.... 'I wish you the best of luck selling on fiver, I'm sure you will be successful with such a brilliant gig description!' I then blocked him and reported his gig.

It surprised me that a senior exec would operate in such a way (I know I shouldn't be surprised, unprofessional behaviour happens at every level), and funny that he was offering business consultancy but couldn't even write his own gig description to launch his fiver gig (which in my opinion is like launching a business).

Don't worry about it, it's annoying when it happens but as the saying goes 'Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery'!

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to give you an update. I reported this issue to Fiverr first and after waiting for a couple of weeks unfortunately nothing happened, so I contacted Proz and explained what was happening... They contacted Fiverr directly as per my request and Fiverr removed the seller´s image immediately. He also changed his gig description to his own, so I guess he must have received some kind of warning. Everything is fine now... it only looks like posting a false certifcation does not make Fiverr to ban an account.

Archived