How should I deliver?

sabinespoems

Hi all! I've encountered a situation I never had before and I'm unsure what the best thing to do is here. A buyer wants 20 poems so naturally I've proposed a Milestone order. However, they asked if I could send the poems individually. Setting up an order for each poem is not really the best approach, since that means extra costs for the buyer and cuts into my profit too. But delivering them individually means a risk of them perhaps canceling and still having my work. Which hasn't happened so far and I'd like to keep it that way 😅

Let me clarify though that there's no spam alarm going off in my head, but nowadays you never know! I'm aware delivering them individually isn't really an option. I just wonder how I can communicate this in the best way possible? 

I'm guessing you've offered batches? (5 milestones with 4 poems each? Four with 5?)

The only thing I can think of is showing them the math: Make a quick spreadsheet and show the differences in price.

Yes, it's extra cost for the buyer, but, the only cost to you (that I can think of) is time to set up the custom order. (If something has changed, then I'm fine with being wrong, but the last milestone order I did, I still got my 80%.)

---

(This one is for individual order savings.)

image.png.51926d0a338b2d79ee1806f934f302ea.png

I indeed offered it in batches!

An accurate representation of my brain after looking at your excel spreadsheet: See the source image 

I wish I had your skills to do that 😅 But I've reached out to the buyer to ask if they wanted me to send an offer for each poem separately (no response yet), but if they do then I can use your example. Thank you so much!

But if the buyer wants me to set the offer for 20 poems and then deliver them 'unofficially' through the chat one by one, I'll simply decline and say I can only deliver orders that are finished.  

6 minutes ago, sabinespoems said:

But if the buyer wants me to set the offer for 20 poems and then deliver them 'unofficially' through the chat one by one, I'll simply decline and say I can only deliver orders that are finished.  

That's what I'd do, too! And I'd tell the buyer that Fiverr only allows delivering finished work (as in, it's not that I can only do this or that, Fiverr only allows this and not that).

One of my repeat buyers used to order in bulk to avoid fees, and she'd often ask me to send the first piece of work the next day, but that was one out of six or seven, depending on the order, not all of them sent one by one.

2 hours ago, sabinespoems said:

An accurate representation of my brain after looking at your excel spreadsheet:

Sorry?

Here, I (hopefully) simplified it by making sure the variables are all consistent, and writing out all the full formulas. I was a bit sloppy in the previous screen captures. (If you're willing to mention the total agreed on price, or the agreed price per poem, I'll happily plug that in.)

image.png.0b7e5762cbb384c31052d939b1ede529.png

Archived