Buyer possibly messaging from a new account? Lost access

yankonnin

Buyer supposedly lost access to his older account and asks me to send him my previous work.  It's most  likely him since we knows profile's name and an approximate date of our order, but it's not 100% that even is it is him, sending him "other" client's file would be legal. Should he talk to customer's support? 

Yeah, check with CS.  That is a bit of a tough one to judge without more context.  On the one hand, if it was a great client who suffered some sort of account issue and had to create another (not sure how this would happen but maybe it does), then you don't want to lose them.  On the other hand, it could 100% be a scam.  My personal inclination would be to be suspicious and ask the person a lot of questions before making any kind of judgement. 

5 hours ago, yankonnin said:

Buyer supposedly lost access to his older account and asks me to send him my previous work.  It's most  likely him since we knows profile's name and an approximate date of our order, but it's not 100% that even is it is him, sending him "other" client's file would be legal. Should he talk to customer's support? 

Yes, definitely direct the person to the CS. If it's true they lost access to their previous account, this is something they need to resolve on their end first. Maybe there isn't anything shady involved and the person is legit, but it's way too convenient that they failed to download the work you have delivered because of the lost access. If in doubt, you could also contact the CS yourself and explain what happened. They will tell you what to do with this user.

Archived