Order not delivered on time

petyanaydenova

Question

Hello,

I have the following challenge and would like to hear if someone else has been in similar situation or what advices you guys might give me.

Couple of months ago I found the perfect artist here on fiverr to do the ilustrations for my children book. We agreed she will draw the illustrations in two steps. She delivered the first half with a month delay, but she delivered and i really liked her drawings. She was supposed to finish the second part in October 2021. Unfortunatelly she doesn’t reply my messages anymore and doesnt give me a feedback on how long this delay might continue. I am unwilling to cancel because i have already invested and have 7pages done. But I also am unsure if she is ever going to deliver the rest, especially because i write to ask for status and get no reply.

what shall i do? Shall i cancel and start the whole process with another artist from scratch?

is there a better solution?

thanks in advance for any advices

4 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, petyanaydenova said:

Hello,

I have the following challenge and would like to hear if someone else has been in similar situation or what advices you guys might give me.

Couple of months ago I found the perfect artist here on fiverr to do the ilustrations for my children book. We agreed she will draw the illustrations in two steps. She delivered the first half with a month delay, but she delivered and i really liked her drawings. She was supposed to finish the second part in October 2021. Unfortunatelly she doesn’t reply my messages anymore and doesnt give me a feedback on how long this delay might continue. I am unwilling to cancel because i have already invested and have 7pages done. But I also am unsure if she is ever going to deliver the rest, especially because i write to ask for status and get no reply.

what shall i do? Shall i cancel and start the whole process with another artist from scratch?

is there a better solution?

thanks in advance for any advices

I think you should wait for reply because you like there work if she didn't reply after waiting so much time..then contact fiverr sport maybe fiver have a better solution.

You could as CS to reach out to the Seller for you. 

If you want to go with a different Seller, you don't necessarily need to start from scratch, though. There are plenty of artists out there that can imitate other styles. It would take more hunting, and maybe a bit of your budget upfront to buy some tiny samples, but perfectly doable.

At least now you know to break large orders into more milestones than just two. 

Even if you like this artist, they're clearly not passionate for the project, and the payment isn't enough of an incentive to keep them to task.

If they do eventually deliver, be sure to consider rating them accordingly for 'communication' when you review.

Archived