Delete account and start new one

willi_69

Long short story, back in October 2021 I started to create a Fiverr account and create a new gig for design graphics (the main reason made Fiverr is to improve myself. How far I can go with the client). And I made my user name "willi_69" cuz I think it would be funny and maybe we can change the username later but it turns out we can't change it. One day after I make the account I got my first order and I was very well done. Until December 2021 I just got 4 orders. And I saw another designer with the same category with the same price and start their job in October 2021 (which is "maybe" I can do so much better than them) already got 50+ orders in December 2021. Does my username affect that? If yes, it is okay to delete and start the new one with a better username? Or maybe there are some TOS for that?

Thank you.

Well, I would say it would depend on the buyer. I wouldn't mind if you had that name if you have a great portfolio, great communication skills and a lot of stellar reviews and if you could deliver what I'm looking for. But I guess there must be some branding in play, just like any business you start. But from a personal standpoint as a buyer I wouldn't think too much on the username. Perhaps try to study how he presented his gigs, offers compared to yours as well -- what is his competitive advantage (aside from your theory on the username) over yours that made him get 50+ orders.

But yes it is fine to delete your account and open a new one. What TOS doesn't allow is having two accounts at the same time.

I personally think that there's nothing wrong with your username. I've seen a user in this forum that has a "butt" included in their username. And I agree that it depends on the buyer as long as you have a great portfolio and communication skills.

Archived