Delete account and start new one

Long short story, back in October 2021 I started to create a Fiverr account and create a new gig for design graphics (the main reason made Fiverr is to improve myself. How far I can go with the client). And I made my user name "willi_69" cuz I think it would be funny and maybe we can change the username later but it turns out we can't change it. One day after I make the account I got my first order and I was very well done. Until December 2021 I just got 4 orders. And I saw another designer with the same category with the same price and start their job in October 2021 (which is "maybe" I can do so much better than them) already got 50+ orders in December 2021. Does my username affect that? If yes, it is okay to delete and start the new one with a better username? Or maybe there are some TOS for that?

Thank you.

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

Well, I would say it would depend on the buyer. I wouldn't mind if you had that name if you have a great portfolio, great communication skills and a lot of stellar reviews and if you could deliver what I'm looking for. But I guess there must be some branding in play, just like any business you start. But from a personal standpoint as a buyer I wouldn't think too much on the username. Perhaps try to study how he presented his gigs, offers compared to yours as well -- what is his competitive advantage (aside from your theory on the username) over yours that made him get 50+ orders.

But yes it is fine to delete your account and open a new one. What TOS doesn't allow is having two accounts at the same time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I personally think that there's nothing wrong with your username. I've seen a user in this forum that has a "butt" included in their username. And I agree that it depends on the buyer as long as you have a great portfolio and communication skills.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/5/2022 at 6:38 AM, willi_69 said:

Long short story, back in October 2021 I started to create a Fiverr account and create a new gig for design graphics (the main reason made Fiverr is to improve myself. How far I can go with the client). And I made my user name "willi_69" cuz I think it would be funny and maybe we can change the username later but it turns out we can't change it. One day after I make the account I got my first order and I was very well done. Until December 2021 I just got 4 orders. And I saw another designer with the same category with the same price and start their job in October 2021 (which is "maybe" I can do so much better than them) already got 50+ orders in December 2021. Does my username affect that? If yes, it is okay to delete and start the new one with a better username? Or maybe there are some TOS for that?

Thank you.

User name isn’t fact, if you provide best services with client satisfaction hope you will get the perfect result, Keep going wish you best of luck

• Like 2