Harmful effects on gig

jk_designer07

Welcome to everyone. 

Before 2 days, a Malaysian buyer sent offer for big project but I noticed it four hours later because I am busy with outside work that's why I have gone to offline. When, I saw his offer, I have started to work on it and gave him a sample image as requested. But unfortunately, he didn't respond yet. So, I am confused about that is it harmful effects on my gig. Please, tell me what should I do now of experienced sellers point of view. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

No. And you should not work or do any samples without an order in place. Otherwise those are just chats in your messages, nothing more 

I think this might depend on the type of work requested. I do audio cleaning/restoration for one of my gigs and I always prefer to give a 30 second sample upfront, because some people have unrealistic expectations of the results you can get with bad audio, so I'd rather them not place an order, than order and be unhappy. I don't provide samples for all gigs though, only gigs like this that might prevent a problem later on.

I take a view on every 'potential' order - on an individual basis. I have supplied very brief and limited VO samples on a few occasions. To give the buyer a 'feel' of how their script will sound if they choose me. Many orders come from 'middle men' who are not the eventual end user. I just think it's more persuasive for the end user to hear something from their own script , rather than something generic. But as I said, I'm very selective when and who I do this for. As for my selection criteria, sadly I can't post that on this forum as I don't want to offend anyone. 

Oh and to answer your original post specifically, then no, as if I understand correctly, you are providing collaboration samples after an order has been made. As long as you don't go over the due delivery date before you finally deliver the finished product, then all is well. If that is what you are asking!         

Archived