Way to recover from an accidental late delivery?

fetchtheball

Question

I accidentally delivered an order late. I unknowingly sent the work through the Quick Response feature on the Order page, completely my fault. I only realized I'd made a mistake after I got the email saying the delivery was late.

I'm sure having a Late delivery is going to negatively affect my rating a lot. Is there ever a way for your gigs to reach the same amount of traction or is it best to start up again on a new site? Would it be possible (not to get my hopes up) to see if Fiverr CS would be able to minimize the damages? It's pretty obvious on the order page that the late delivery was an accident and the actual work was sent in time. I'm guessing not, but I'm still curious. 

2 answers to this question

Personally I wouldn't worry about it too much. I don't think CS would be willing to minimise any damages or change anything as you didn't officially deliver the order on time.

I had a situation with a late delivery that even caused me to lose my rank. Its frustrating when these things happen, but its not the end of the world. I'd recommend not stressing about it and instead just continue to work on your projects and provide great service. Over time your ranking will improve again if it is affected.

The only way for you to balance out this late delivery is have other orders you deliver on time. This is the only way your statistics will improve. And I don't think either that CS will help you on this. Although it's actually true, they'll probably just see it as an excuse and think of it as your own mistake indeed. 

However, I don't think a setback like this means you should take drastic measures like starting up again on a new site. It might take a bit to overcome the 'damage' but it's definitely doable! I'd say just learn from it, deliver on time from now on and continue your freelancing journey 😄

Archived