Stop cutting each others throats for 4$ and start making some real money!

mimie01

Reply to @mimie01:

> OK; I have to give it to you…

I know! You’re just DYING to “give it to me”…

…but I already told you, I don’t do long-distance relationships!

😉

> you made me laugh and giggle…

I appreciate your compliments and applause =D> [taking a low bow]

> I like your humor and feitiness…

Feitiness? I’ll assume that’s FEISTYNESS in which case…

I appreciate your compliments and applause =D> [taking ANOTHER low bow]

> I have a pretty good SEO gig, but the SW I am using is new and complex.

I’m afraid to ask what that software is… given that your gig-partner is GoldMember!

:-S

[by the way, Mike Myers is a CANADIAN actor, you realize.

Just another Hollywood Hunk Canadian, mimie01 has fallen for!]

:-*

> I just need somebody I can experiment on, would you let me use you???

Whoa! Now she’s getting DESPERATE for my body. 😮

Listen up girl, you’re starting to cross the line here…!

[-X

> You don’t have to be my victim…

I’m not into sadism nor masochism, so it’s a big relief for me to hear you say that!

#:-S

> 1 free SEO analysis

No, I’d prefer to pay for it… Oh wait… Don’t the German Police arrest you, if you charge for it?

It’s Amsterdam, where it’s government-sponsored and they don’t arrest you, right?

😉 😉

> German hearts do not break that easily…

This, from the girl who just said only moments ago: “would you let me use you” and “experiment on”…!

Ok, sure, tell yourself that, if it helps with the disappointment.

😛

Oh, and when your husband asks: “How did things go on Fiverr today, honey?”…

…be sure to tell him: “Boring! Absolutely booooooring… No Hot Hollywood Hunks writing comments there, lemme tell ya…”

:-"

Robert, the german heart-breaker =((

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest eclients

yikes people. this thread just got crazy. Thanks to everyone that replied to me. I appreciate your advice. Thanks everyone else… for the entertainment?

I think the problem is the fact that newer sellers feel like they can’t compete with “featured” sellers and it’s extremely hard for some to make those few sales they need. This is why they probably feel the need to “sell their soul” for $4.

The same goes in any business, there will always be people who charge less for a service, but that’s their right. However, they don’t realize that doing too many things for $4 and charging so little for so much will eventually hurt their business too.

What they don’t understand is that others can work even for less and if they don’t have something that will make them stand out from the crowd charging less will not be what sets them apart later. It’s good for business at first but if they only get clients who want A LOT for 5 dollars those clients will migrate to those who are doing even more for $5 because that was the reason why they picked them.

Fiverr is about flexibility and getting your work validated and recognized not about working as a slave for that one $5 gig.

Reply to @abigailsmycken: Modern slaves! I had buyers tell me, oh your to expensive (my cyber sec gig) and I said, ok thats fine, I talk to you later.

Then they come back and tell me that they went with a cheeper version. They complained about copy and past job and have lost nearly gigs to them…ohh freaking well. Quality has its price. You can not pay like your going to order from MC’Ds and expect to be served a top organic grass feed sirloin stake.

Reply to @mimie01: Sorry for not responding promptly… I was busy doing something “frivolous” like BUYING GIGS…

…instead of my “real job” here of entertaining Sellers on the Forum!

😛

Mimie01, I think we’d both better get back to work… otherwise, if we continue our previous exchange, the moderators might have a heart attack…

😉

Robert

Reply to @regency85: Right “Something which distinguishes them from all their competition”!

If you have that something, you can stop cutting others’ throats!

by “something” I assume some unique Intellectual Capital (formula, know-how, or secret business process).

otherwise, if seller has nothing special about their gigs, making money is only possible by delivering more and/or faster!

Reply to @mimie01: Yes, I know that too well! Outside fiverr I work as a freelance copywriter and I always have clients coming to me to fix the articles and presentations they usually buy for less and they end up paying more overall. Here I don’t get that much because I sell physical products but I had a lot of clients who demanded much more than my gig stated. It’s getting very depressing but everything I can do is to refuse them politely.

Hmmm… you bring up another great point Abigail.

I don’t know which is a bigger problem here for Sellers:

1. Other Sellers undercutting their price, by offering more for the same $5.

OR

2. Unreasonable Buyers - who instead of being thrilled at finding very-generous offers by Sellers, as to what they’ll do for $5 - try to “grind-you-down” in price, by demanding things you never promised in the Gig description.

MY worry… is that if either of these problems grow much larger… that alone could kill an online operation like Fiverr.

😦

Guest luna_dreamer07

Reply to @mimie01: Thank you, from the very bottom of my heart. It’s been a difficult journey at times but well worth it. I hope you grow big on Fiverr too!

• 1 year later...

Archived