How should I handle software licences?

busybelly

Question

I am considering offering a website development package that includes installation and setup of various applications. I have an agency licence for these apps which entitles me to unlimited installations including for my clients. So far, so good. However, as the licence is in my name, the only way to get support and updates for these apps is from me. I might include this for a time as part of the package. However after that time, I would want to charge an ongoing fee to cover my time and the cost of the licence renewals. 

I imagine that the only way to collect this fee would be outside of Fiverr. Am I allowed to mention this in the gig description?

2 answers to this question

Fiverr Terms of Service:

• To protect our users' privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.

Fiverr use to have a rule about gig services not lasting longer than 30 days, but there is a new-but-limited 'subscription' feature Fiverr launched not too long ago. https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360017173498-Subscriptions-feature 

I'll admit doubt that your specific case would qualify, though, making the service not suitable for the Fiverr platform,

Archived