Payment issue by client

tkcreator

Question

hello i have one issue my first milestone is complete but not 2nd start yet because of my client get one issue.

This is what my client said (I tell you that I have problems paying the second payment, not because I do not have the money, but because my bank has a maximum amount allowed in international purchases and previously I had no problem because with the price of the dollar it was below the limit. The difference is very little, like $ 15, but it exceeds it. Having this problem, it charges a balance in Paypal, but for some reason that I do not know when paying in Fiverr with Paypal, it only shows me the alternative of payment with a credit card and not with the Paypal balance. I have talked to both of them and no solution. Maybe it's because of the amount. Is there any way to divide this installment into 2? or any other solution you can provide)

My client also talk with fiverr support but no solution.

i am worried if 2nd milestone not start my order is cencel.because i read it if in next 2 days onext milestone not start order is cencel?

8 answers to this question

Guest ligiacarvalho
27 minutes ago, tkcreator said:

This is what my client said (I tell you that I have problems paying the second payment, not because I do not have the money, but because my bank has a maximum amount allowed in international purchases and previously I had no problem because with the price of the dollar it was below the limit. The difference is very little, like $ 15, but it exceeds it. Having this problem, it charges a balance in Paypal, but for some reason that I do not know when paying in Fiverr with Paypal, it only shows me the alternative of payment with a credit card and not with the Paypal balance. I have talked to both of them and no solution. Maybe it's because of the amount. Is there any way to divide this installment into 2? or any other solution you can provide)

Tell your client that you will wait until the payment is processed so you can start the second milestone. It is not uncommon for scammers and bad buyers come with this "I have payment problems" trying to get away with free service. Stand your ground. Do not take the buyer's "problem" to yourself.

It could be a real issue the buyer is having, but it could also be a scam, and they might be trying to make you do the work without paying you. I would be very careful, and say you'll wait until they can solve the issue with support. 

In the meantime, it's useful to know that Paypal sometimes will offer only credit card as an option, because you have a balance in a different currency or not enough in your balance. 

A bank refusing to make "international transactions" with a credit card sounds very fishy to me. I never heard of a bank who does that (except allowing clients to manually set limits, of course). 

If you ask me, this sounds like a buyer who doesn't have enough money and don't want to admit it, yet still want the work to be done by you. 

Fiverr is always helpful when people are having issues paying their orders, so the fact that no solution can be found, according to the client, is a red flag to me. 

Thank you 

5 minutes ago, ligiacarvalho said:

Tell your client that you will wait until the payment is processed so you can start the second milestone. It is not uncommon for scammers and bad buyers come with this "I have payment problems" trying to get away with free service. Stand your ground. Do not take the buyer's "problem" to yourself.

Thank you for response.The work is complete already now just client need to accept 2nd milestone and then complete the 2nd milestone.I work before with my client he is not scammer but issue he is getting th daily spend limit of his bank account is just $ 257.72.But the 2nd milestone is more that he also contact with customer support.check the attached screenshot please what support said

Screenshot_9.png

1 minute ago, tkcreator said:

Thank you for response.The work is complete already becuse i belive the buyer now just client need to accept 2nd milestone and then complete the 2nd milestone.I work before with my client he is not scammer.but i am not  sure what's happen i already completeall work its very long project where i spend my a lot of time but issue he is getting th daily spend limit of his bank account is just $ 257.72.But the 2nd milestone is more that he also contact with customer support.check the attached screenshot please what support said

I see. Well, if it's only 15 dollars or something like that over the buyers limit, you could offer a discount if you're willing to do that, in order for them to complete the 2nd milestone. As a buyer, I know that would make me happy. 

You say you have worked with them before, so this might be an honest issue, but it still sounds strange to me that a bank will put such a spending limit on the account. Anyway - if you can lower the rate of the 2nd milestone to make a purchase possible (maybe they are 15 bucks low and are too ashamed to admit it?) you could do that. I'm not too familiar with milestone orders, since I rarely use them, but if you have the option of changing the price on that milestone, it's really up to you: are you willing to deliver it for less than previously agreed? 

7 minutes ago, smashradio said:

It could be a real issue the buyer is having, but it could also be a scam, and they might be trying to make you do the work without paying you. I would be very careful, and say you'll wait until they can solve the issue with support. 

In the meantime, it's useful to know that Paypal sometimes will offer only credit card as an option, because you have a balance in a different currency or not enough in your balance. 

A bank refusing to make "international transactions" with a credit card sounds very fishy to me. I never heard of a bank who does that (except allowing clients to manually set limits, of course). 

If you ask me, this sounds like a buyer who doesn't have enough money and don't want to admit it, yet still want the work to be done by you. 

Fiverr is always helpful when people are having issues paying their orders, so the fact that no solution can be found, according to the client, is a red flag to me. 

Thank you for response.The work is complete already becuse i belive the buyer now just client need to accept 2nd milestone and then complete the 2nd milestone.I work before with my client he is not scammer.but i am not  sure what's happen i already completeall work its very long project where i spend my a lot of time but issue he is getting th daily spend limit of his bank account is just $ 257.72.But the 2nd milestone is more that he also contact with customer support.check the attached screenshot please what support said

Screenshot_9.png

Just now, smashradio said:

I see. Well, if it's only 15 dollars or something like that over the buyers limit, you could offer a discount if you're willing to do that, in order for them to complete the 2nd milestone. As a buyer, I know that would make me happy. 

You say you have worked with them before, so this might be an honest issue, but it still sounds strange to me that a bank will put such a spending limit on the account. Anyway - if you can lower the rate of the 2nd milestone to make a purchase possible (maybe they are 15 bucks low and are too ashamed to admit it?) you could do that. I'm not too familiar with milestone orders, since I rarely use them, but if you have the option of changing the price on that milestone, it's really up to you: are you willing to deliver it for less than previously agreed? 

But is that possible to offer a discount i didn't see the option i have no issue with 15$

That I do not know. Like I said, I haven't worked much with milestones. 

From what I understand after reading a bit, here's what you can do: 

The buyer has the option to stop an order after any milestone is accepted. So if they accept your previous milestone, they can decide to stop the order, instead of moving on to the next milestone. 

That would complete that order. 

After the order has been completed, you can set up a new order for the amount you wish to charge.

So that is an option: have your buyer complete the order instead of moving to the next milestone, then set up a new order for the 2nd part of the project. 

You can read more about milestones and how they work here: 

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010560178

Archived