Is there really a difference between $5, $10, and $20 gigs

hasanyokolo

Let's say I want a logo design or an article written. Will there be a vast quality difference if I paid $5, $10, or $20 for a gig? From my experience, on the low end of things, increase in price doesn't really reflect an increase in quality. What is your experience?

I'd say for a customized logo designed by a real professional neither $5, $10 or $20 are even close to what you actually need to pay to get a difference in quality. I think most sellers in these price ranges use templates or logo generators. A professional designer won't take an hourly rate equal to the pricing of a Cheeseburger.

Oh there can be a lot of difference. Price isn't the only indicator here, but I'd say you can get a nicer (but still low quality!) logo for 20 than 5. If you want something professional, you'd have to spend a lot more. No designer worth their salt will charge 5, 10 og 20 for a custom and well thought out logo. This type of thing requires research into the target audience, great talent, time and effort spent learning the skills needed etc. 

At best, you'll get someone with more logo generators to chose from for 20 than 5 (maybe). But you won't get a custom and good logo for that price. 

• 2 weeks later...

The price by itself won't tell you anything about the quality of work you'll get. Some buyers charge correctly for their niche, some under-price and some over. I know when I create a new gig I usually start by charging a fraction of what that gig price will end up as, just to get some orders rolling in. So if someone catches me at the right time they'll get a bargain! So rather than focus on the gig price, I would pay more attention to what's being offered, how it's being presented and maybe message the seller to get a feel for the service you'll receive.

Guest lloydsolutions
55 minutes ago, codersaeid said:

depends on service you provide.

7 minutes ago, nahdhasan20 said:

👍👍

More copied and spam posts!

Guest lloydsolutions
3 minutes ago, nahdhasan20 said:

👍👍

This forum is moderated. Each message posted is owned by and the opinion of the original poster. The forum team of volunteers and staff members reserve the right to remove/move/edit any or all posts at any time and remove or suspend the user if deemed necessary.

The above is from the forum rules.

@nahdhasan20Please stop spamming the forum.

Archived