Slow month, slow period or slow what? :-)

manuelmarino

Hey there anyone. Usually summer is a slow period. It's more difficult to find projects because, well, office productions, producers, musicians. Anyone is on vacation. I work with videogames and films and it's the same.

Something changes at the end of august where developers are organizing to start the jobs in september.

All of this sounds weird for freelancers. We work all the time, all the days and all the months 🙂 but this is how it works. Your experience?

I'm in a different niche but quite a slow summer thus far as well. I've had a couple of 6 day streaks of no new clients in June & July. Still analysing data and setting up a strategy looking forward, whether it's reducing the prices a bit or changing the keywords in gig titles & descriptions. 

Could be just a slow summer so trying not to jump to conclusions as it might pick up as we get towards September like you mentioned.

22 hours ago, manuelmarino said:

All of this sounds weird for freelancers

Most of us freelancer started by working in the office environment so it’s not so weird. 🙈
But I never know whith fiverr if that’s representation of what’s happening in the world or if it’s just the algorithm. 
I usually had slower Decembers over Christmas but last time I learned that if fiverr algo favours you then you might have December as the busiest month with receiving orders even on a Christmas Day itself 

2 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

But I never know whith fiverr if that’s representation of what’s happening in the world or if it’s just the algorithm. 

argh, that's true as well. indeed there are so many visitors on Fiverr page that if you are on top of the charts you get an impressive busy month!

Archived