Are external links allowed on profile descriptions that show an example of my work?

kifier

Question

Hey so I've been a seller on fiverr for about 2 months now, and got up to level 1, and there's one question I couldn't really find a definitive answer to, as either the forum posts were deleted or the answer being ambiguous. 

So simply put it, if I put a link in my description that is not one of the predetermined ones available for you to link, will I get into trouble? In my particular case I make custom financial indicators for people for a platform called tradingview, hence I would ideally like to link my tradingview profile where I have some public scripts, that being said I'm worried if this is considered as "self-promotion" for fiverr as tradingview is also a social platform and hence users can "like" or interact with my content there. So can anyone give me more clarification?

2 answers to this question

45 minutes ago, kifier said:

if I put a link in my description that is not one of the predetermined ones available for you to link, will I get into trouble?

You might get in trouble.

This is what the help page says:

If you use a URL in your Gig, which is not in the above list, your Gig may be denied. Repetitive violations may also cause an account to be restricted.

If you really want to use a particular link that isn't on the list you can contact customer support at the helpdesk and see if they give permission for it.

Also your gigs: "I will make you an indicator for tradingview" and "I will turn your trading skills into a tradingview strategy"

might be risky as the rules say:

Services that can pose financial risks for our users        

Do not offer or ask for:

* Trading signals or indicators.

https://www.fiverr.com/community/standards/prohibited-services

Archived