Cancelling a part of an order?

josh_oh

Hello. I do resume services (editing, rewriting etc).

Basically a client initially ordered a package A, which I worked and submitted, then the client accidentally added a feature B on top of package A, but then sent me a cancel order because feature B adding was an accident. I accepted the dispute request and it turns out it cancels the order altogether??? just checking if there is a partial order cancel or entire order cancel is the only option. I already delivered package A and will try asking a client to submit order again so that I can get my money for package A, but if he/she says no, the I guess I move on since package A was just $20ish.

Hi, 

Unfortunately, there is no partial refund policy, which would be very helpful. I doubt it will ever be brought in, though. On the few occasions when a client has asked me for a partial refund, I've offered them a future credit and they've been pretty happy with that. It's not an official thing on the platform and works on trust between myself and the buyer, but it has saved me cancellations. On one occasion a buyer wanted a refund on an extra they'd booked that they decided they didn't want in the revision round. In that case I politely told them that no refund was due as I'd done the work. 

Hi Josh. So far, the only safe way for sellers to give a partial refund, incidentally also the modus operandi that Fiverr recommends (you should be able to find it somewhere in the Seller Help Center articles), is to ask the buyer to buy a new custom offer with the desired value, and to cancel the first order only after they did. If you cancel first, before the lower value order is placed, well, they might or might not accept (and complete) the new offer.

However, I've also good experience with the approach described by @leannelrivers. That might be a bit more difficult with your Gig, though, depending, as some people might be sure they'll only buy once from you. But maybe you can even think of an alternative extra that the buyer might like, to have the whole issue off the table and to not have to remember for the next order, or perhaps, if it's a rather low value order, maybe offer an extra proofreading round instead of the feature the customer accidentally ordered and didnt want then? (Don't say that feature was proofreading! ;))

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2021 at 9:01 PM, leannelrivers said:

Hi, 

Unfortunately, there is no partial refund policy, which would be very helpful. I doubt it will ever be brought in, though. On the few occasions when a client has asked me for a partial refund, I've offered them a future credit and they've been pretty happy with that. It's not an official thing on the platform and works on trust between myself and the buyer, but it has saved me cancellations. On one occasion a buyer wanted a refund on an extra they'd booked that they decided they didn't want in the revision round. In that case I politely told them that no refund was due as I'd done the work. 

Thanks a lot for the help. I was also looking for this information

Archived