Posting your gig on social media doesn't generate sales - here's how to promote your service properly

nomadsolutions

On 2/10/2022 at 2:50 AM, nure_haffsa said:

I am not really against gig marketing, though it is true that impressions, clicks, favs without order is downgrading, but it is ok for a while as we are doling that to get attention of the sellers.

there are lots of gigs with good SEO, good title of description or image, but they still don't get orders. in that case I think it is ok for a while todo gig marketing.

if it brings you clients, why not?

Exactly! my opinion is the same but Fiverr encourages sellers to share their gigs on Social Media without spamming. Maximum new sellers didn't maintain Fiverr's TOSs. 

My suggestion Is that before sharing your gigs on your Social Media you have to grow your targeted audience. As a result, you will get a perfect client through organic clicks.

• Like 95
  • Thanks 4

• 3 weeks later...

Totally agreed with your point. Impressions or clicks with no conversions or low conversions will not boost a seller profile at the contrary it can adversely affect sellers ranking . For a short time , may be for few days your stats can be green but in the long run these clicks and impressions are not useful and you can be de ranked even from existing rankings.  

Sellers with high conversion rates are more often shown on first pages by fiverr as they get lots of business and hence more revenue for fiverr too. 

• Like 81
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
Guest brandmedics
On 2/3/2022 at 2:34 PM, cs_evans said:

This is such an important point few seem to grasp.  I don't know if it is because people don't have real-world business experience, or don't bother to think about how their business platform works.  I have no knowledge of Fiverr's formulas, beyond what we all know, but it isn't that hard to do the decision tree for who they want to promote.  Imagine two sellers selling the same service for $100

Seller 1 (poor marketing):  10,000 impressions per day, 10 clicks per day, .01 sales per day = $1 in sales per day = $0.20 per day revenue for Fiverr

Seller 2(quality marketing): 1,000 impressions per day, 75 clicks per day, 1.2 sales per day = $120 in sales per day = $24 per day revenue for Fiverr

If I'm running the business, I go with seller 2 all day long.  There is a reason Fiverr posts your stats; it gives you extremely valuable information on what you may need to tweek. 

You right about this, some sellers felt by copying another seller's gig will help them to rank higher but unknown to them that it doesn't work that way. Quality service delivery is paramount to high rating and possibility of getting more orders. 

• 6 months later...

How to grow a network and promote yourself

A small rant about growing a network and promoting yourself. In my opinion, one of the best ways to get yourself out there as a freelancer is to be an active part of communities.

When you are helpful and an active part of any community you will be recognized by others and build a network of like-minded people as well as potential clients. 🏆

For example: I have been active on many game dev and 3d art forums & servers over the years. I participated in challenges on Artstation or the Polycount-Forums and through that I have made connections and friends to industry professionals that work on popular games.

I made contacts through that directly resulted in getting clients. (for tutoring or small projects etc.) 💸

So being active in communities is VERY helpful. Not only as a server owner like I am doing here, but by being an active member aswell.

I want to encourage everyone here to follow my advice and participate. Whether that's asking questions or helping others.

And this does not only mean that you need to be a professional that share amazing work or success stories. No. I have been asking for help, advice & feedback all the time. And this helps in so many ways!

Hope you can takeaway something from this rant.

• Like 129
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 7