Seller delivered 5 out of 6 drawings

ellecellef

he said he would deliver the final drawings - that was ten days ago. Now he is just ignoring my messages. Not sure what to do. We were engaging really well and in fact he was supposed to complete a £150 Fiverr gig for me on top of the one I had paid and tipped him for. In the beginning, he ran over time so I gave him a further 4 weeks to complete and he did so on the final day. I am not sure what to do because without the 6th drawing, what he has done for me is kind of useless. Why does this happen? I see him online all the time and I believe that Fiverr contacted him as well. He ignored them as well.

Thank you Eliiclaire. I doubt he will respond to me even after cancelling the order and asking him to create another custom order of 5/6. I am so upset about it. It is totally baffling to me. If he does not want to complete orders why still advertise on Fiverr? He was going to get more money out of me but has now blown it…

Thank you Eliiclaire. I doubt he will respond to me even after cancelling the order and asking him to create another custom order of 5/6. I am so upset about it. It is totally baffling to me. If he does not want to complete orders why still advertise on Fiverr? He was going to get more money out of me but has now blown it…

I am really sorry that happened to you; I hope you’re able to find a better seller soon.

Short answer: people lie.

Longer answer: who knows. Fiverr has almost no barrier to entry, and signing up and making a gig is easier than most baking recipes. Maybe he overestimated his skill. Maybe he wasn’t actually the one working on your order. Maybe he thought he could get away with it. Maybe, maybe, maybe.

Fiverr does host a lot of good, professional sellers. Sadly, ‘Sturgeons Law’ applies.

It’s possible he’s a “pass through” / middleman seller too, and is unable to reach or work with the actual artist for some reason. It’s an outside chance (happens more on the graphic design/writing side of things) but it does happen. Sometimes artists become unavailable, sometimes the middleman gets cheap and isn’t willing to pay out any more, etc. Keep an eye on his “last delivered” date/time, that will tell you if he’s actually on the site and active.

For myself, I’m mid-situation with a difficult family health problem; my dad contracted Covid and I’m an only child, so there is a LOT of back and forth with the doctors, hospitals, taking care of his pets, etc. My availability and messaging consistency has nosedived in the last few weeks as a result. I do my best to stay in touch with the 40+ clients in my current queue, but sometimes days slip by and I don’t realize. Not necessarily saying he’s not ducking you or being disingenuous, just saying sometimes we really mean to do better and just run out of energy/focus with a bad work/life balance.

Archived