Buyer wants to refuse the order after delivery

thatsvira

Hi everyone, I have a problem. I gave a job to a user some time ago after playing a demo of the project etc. While I was working, I adjusted the product every time as he wanted. Upon delivery he started sending me several reviews which I always satisfied and said it was fine. At the last revision, however, when I practically handed over the entire project (more than 20 hours of work). Unfortunately for this offer I forgot to activate the max 3 revisions option and I put unlimited revisions. What can I do now?

If your Gig states “unlimited revisions” you have to live up to that promise.

Never offer unlimited revisions ever!

GG

So what should I do? Accept order cancellation? I gave him the product and before sending revisions he said it was fine. It seems to me like he made up excuses just to get the product for free. I feel scammed, I practically worked for free

So what should I do? Accept order cancellation? I gave him the product and before sending revisions he said it was fine. It seems to me like he made up excuses just to get the product for free. I feel scammed, I practically worked for free

Yep, that happens when you offer unlimited revisions - it attracts the scammers who know that they can hound you forever with their revisions and are hoping you may cancel and they get their funds back and your hard work.

First thing you want to do is if you still offer unlimited revisions on your Gig is to go and change that ASAP. I wouldn’t offer more than say 2 or 3 revisions - I don’t offer any, but, I know some here like to offer them or are in a category that may need a tweak here or there.

As far as what you should do - well, you have to weigh that for yourself. If you cancel the order, it will affect your analytics/stats here and perhaps take you down a level or prevent you from achieving the next level. This cancellation will be counted in your stats for 60 days. If you have enough orders where it won’t kill your analytics, you could cancel to save yourself the grief of this guy wanting revision after revision. If you choose not to cancel, you would have to accommodate the buyer since your Gig did state unlimited revisions unfortunately. Fiverr would reply the same way if you wrote to them complaining.

Whether you cancel or finally get a revision he accepts, I would definitely BLOCK this buyer from buying or contacting you again.

GG

Yep, that happens when you offer unlimited revisions - it attracts the scammers who know that they can hound you forever with their revisions and are hoping you may cancel and they get their funds back and your hard work.

First thing you want to do is if you still offer unlimited revisions on your Gig is to go and change that ASAP. I wouldn’t offer more than say 2 or 3 revisions - I don’t offer any, but, I know some here like to offer them or are in a category that may need a tweak here or there.

As far as what you should do - well, you have to weigh that for yourself. If you cancel the order, it will affect your analytics/stats here and perhaps take you down a level or prevent you from achieving the next level. This cancellation will be counted in your stats for 60 days. If you have enough orders where it won’t kill your analytics, you could cancel to save yourself the grief of this guy wanting revision after revision. If you choose not to cancel, you would have to accommodate the buyer since your Gig did state unlimited revisions unfortunately. Fiverr would reply the same way if you wrote to them complaining.

Whether you cancel or finally get a revision he accepts, I would definitely BLOCK this buyer from buying or contacting you again.

GG

I read here on the forum, that the buyer cannot refuse an order for quality, but only if he gets a different product than what he described to me. He having used this excuse in the last review (but having first said it was fine) I think he cannot refuse it. If in doubt, I send a support ticket to fiverr and refuse the cancellation.

That then he could have done the same with 3 revisions, so the problem would have arisen anyway.

I read here on the forum, that the buyer cannot refuse an order for quality, but only if he gets a different product than what he described to me. He having used this excuse in the last review (but having first said it was fine) I think he cannot refuse it. If in doubt, I send a support ticket to fiverr and refuse the cancellation.

That then he could have done the same with 3 revisions, so the problem would have arisen anyway.

I read here on the forum, that the buyer cannot refuse an order for quality

Yes, that’s how it’s supposed to be. The problem is that CS usually sides with the buyer when the seller offers unlimited revisions 😦

You can try to refuse the cancellation anyway, you don’t have anything to lose. Just send him this quote: “Orders are not eligible to be canceled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the Seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig Page”, which you can find here.

However, if he accepts it, be prepared for a bad review.

Hope that helps!

Archived