Fiverr and Dollar collapse

claudioa

I have been seeing some news about the world conflicts between US and Russia, and it seems we could experience soon a big dollar devaluation. Anyone is aware of this?

Do you think that our fiverr business can come to an end?

As a non-US person, it could be a dramatic event in my earnings.

One thing that is kinda unfair is that a guy from Bangladesh can sell a service for $5 and get a good value for those $4, but for a guy from Norway it represents almost nothing!

Guest celticmoon

I don't wish to sound unsympathetic, but were you as concerned about sellers from the Philippines after the country's infrastructure was mostly destroyed in a typhoon? Don't you suppose their business came to a dramatic end by events beyond their control? Is it unfair that workers in any business, not just Fiverr sellers, realize vastly different value from their earnings depending on where they live? I suppose that when Fiverr was initially started, despite being based in Israel, a decision was made to use the currency of the largest global economy, which also happens to be one of the most stable currencies. If they'd decided to use the Taka, so that seller from Bangladesh would get no more value than 5 Taka per gig, would you be content with the less than US$0.05 (or less than 1/8th of a real) you'd get if you decided to exchange the Taka? What would be the advantage to using a less-stable, less globally available or less-easily-traded currency on Fiverr?

As a former currency trader and financial advisor, I’ll give you some advice:

1. Diversify.
  2. Diversify.
  3. The dollar isn’t about to collapse. Those who think it will are spreading libertarian propaganda, in an effort to destroy the liberalization of America.

Guest matt_garry

Reply to @pghhearts: Could not agree more. I haven’t traded currency’s for a while but judging from the chart looks like the us dollar is 3-4 days from bottoming.

celticmoon said: I don't wish to sound unsympathetic, but were you as concerned about sellers from the Philippines after the country's infrastructure was mostly destroyed in a typhoon?

That's why I said "kinda unfair", I understand that the countries where is dollar has more value are the poorest ones.

Archived