Sellers: Greatly Increase Your Fiverr Sales With A Generic Gig! It works!

hotwebideas

Fellow Sellers, I had another Fiverr post yesterday and had a section on the Melting Pot gig extra and how to make more money with it. One of the forum sheriffs asked me to elaborate on it, so I decided to make it a complete post to share my methods with you and how you can make more money with one of these.

A melting pot gig extra is a gig extra that allows your buyers to make special requests. We are all have had Fiverr buyers who make special requests or even order our gigs with requests that we don’t offer forcing us to create mutual cancellations.

I came up with this concept for some of my gigs and have increased my sales and help buyers get what they want, at a premium.

========================================================

No Fiverr Seller Knows Everything They Can Offer. It is impossible.

========================================================

How many buyers have made odd requests and you asked the buyer to order a few more gigs? Probably most of us have experienced this. While it is true that you know your gig well and the service it offers, you do not know what buyers want exactly. You cannot read their mind. Your melting pot gig extra will help leverage some of these odd requests.

=========================================

What To Price Melting Pot Gig Extra

I suggest pricing your Melting Pot Gig Extras at a pricing point related to your seller level:

1st Level Seller: $5 or $10

2nd Level Seller: $10 or $20

Top Level Seller: $20 or $50

Do not price at your highest price point or buyers will ignore them altogether.

How To Word Your Melting Pot Gig Extras

This is very simple “Melting Pot for special requests. Please message me first”.

Keep it generic. Also, add details of your melting pot gig extra (if you offer one) in your gig description. Use this as a guideline:

…“Special Requests, we/I offer a melting pot gig extra. Please contact me about special requests”

…“Do you need something not mentioned in this gig description? We offer a melting pot gig extra for $10 to $20. Contact me.”

Melting Pot Gig Extras vs Ordering Extra Gigs

You may say, “I don’t need a melting pot gig extra as I just ask my buyers to order more gigs”. Well, my friend, some buyers do not want to order extra gigs, especially your new buyers who have never purchased from you before. Also, I find that asking the buyer to order extra gigs just makes the seller look like a swindler to some buyers. Have a melting pot gig extra just seems more professional. Think of it as an upgrade, a premium, or a valet service.

Let us know here if you offer a melting pot gig extra

• Bruce, Hot Web Ideas

Good post and a clear explanation. Best of luck with it all 😉

I have a “I will draw the project we discussed” gig, as do a fair few graphic artists I think. I use it to help make up a previously agreed fee, or make it possible for a buyer to order just one or two gigs instead of multiples. I have a £10 extra, a $20 extra and a $40 extra, all marked ‘the extra we discussed’. It works pretty well. You have to steer your buyers to it after they have initially contacted you of course.

Jon

Reply to @lefttowrite:

I was thinking the same thing. lol I already have a message like that included in my writing gig, otherwise I would be totally screwed! I guess I was wondering why people just don’t include a line in the bottom of EVERY Gig that says, “For Special Requests or Excessively Elaborate Instructional Requirements, please contact me in advance prior to ordering.” I also think that your gig description has to be written CLEARLY…so that there is no wiggle room for the unseemly. 🙂

Guest celticmoon

Bruce, Thank you~! Nice idea. I think this could work well for me, too. I make small stuffed animals & other knit things (Minions, Good Luck Cats). I’ve also made many “special request” animals, based on the buyer’s own pets, which I do charge more to make. This has never been a problem; my customers order the number of gigs I ask to make their particular animal (or logo, or cartoon character) but having the gig extra out there with a price or price range posted…well, then there will definitely be no surprises! The buyer will know up front the approximate price of their special request, plus people who are just browsing will easily see that I DO make special orders.

Thanks, Nancy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest eskay2011

Please how do i create the a ‘melting pot gig’ to charge more for a single order.

One of my gigs was ordered twice about 4 days ago and i’ve already delivered the job, how long will it take before the money will be shown in my account balance?

Thank you.

Archived