Should Sellers Stop Requesting Features from Fiverr

steveeyes

Based on this forum thread – http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/22400/resolution-center-is-getting-worse-and-worse#Item_9 it got me wondering if sellers should just zip it up and stop requesting for features that would benefit them. If Fiverr isn’t listening than all they are doing is giving you an outlet on the forum to pacify your emotions without intending to do anything constructive from all the requests submitted by sellers.

http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/22400/resolution-center-is-getting-worse-and-worse#Item_9 – For me this post took away any hope at all that Fiverr is listening to seller’s concerns.

Am I wrong?

I feel you steveeyes!

It’s getting a little ridiculous now. Features that benefit sellers (and dont hurt buyers) are being taken away randomly. The inability to follow up a buyer request REALLY bugs me. Especially when you let inexperienced buyers choose the categories which they notoriously get wrong.

Or making cancellations so easy when it publicly affects the seller through no fault of their own. If a buyer did not properly read the description and requests a mutual cancellation, whether or not the seller agrees, it goes through. Mutual? Hmmm…the seller didn’t initiate or approve it. Too bad! Oh, and here’s a special gift for you. Your cancellation ratio WILL increase and be publicly displayed, especially if it happens a lot or you have a relatively new gig. Gee, thanks!

I coüld go on…

I was wondering about that. I usually send an offer for a gig, and then I want to send a sample (if the gig request was specific). That could have been better organized, rather than me trying to remember which request I offered for first, but that’s beside the point. Now I don’t even appear to get an inbox email allowing me to respond. Not helping my sales power here, Fiverr.

Reply to @dasquish: exactly. Now they’ve made it even harder to follow which request you have responded to. If I respond to several requests in the same category, I am stuck having to ask the buyer what they are talking about. Terrible! They placed an ad, I solicited them, and now I have to ask them what their request was about.

Buyer- Babysitter Wanted for weekends only.

Seller - I babysit. Here are my rates.

Buyer - Your rates are reasonable. When can you start?

Seller - Umm…what is this for again?

Argh!

Not to mention, if the buyer deleted the request so that solicitations would stop, they have to retype the info for each responder. 😦

Did Fiverr ever took some suggestions from the Forum? I guess they have so how do we make them notice our requests?

I just posted a huge reply here with some suggestions: http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/comment/123673#Comment_123673 I don’t know why, if they don’t even consider it…

Should we send support requests, tweet them topics from the forum, post on their Facebook or what? Just wait?

Reply to @cheezees: I always have two windows open and go straight to the conversation after I copy and post to the request and paste the quote into an immediate followup message just to (usually) modify what I can offer the buyer that the gig title does not say to fit what they requested better.

Plus I have a permanent record of what the conversation was about.

Takes a minute longer but works for me.

HTH,

El

Yes they’ve done many of the suggestions. Often in a less than perfect implementation…

For example…

Allowing TRSs to do both gig multiples and gig extras in multiples. (And example of less than perfect implementation. If someone orders 3 gig extra multiples it automatically also makes them order 3 core $5 gigs… Why automatically? I have no idea. It wasn’t either logical or necessary)

Another thing people asked for was “Vacation Mode” (Why they asked I’ll never understand it was an unnecessary addition and I’m not sure I like how it works enough to ever use it myself)

I’m generally glad about fiverr changes. I wish it was both slower (oddly) and more selective…though

Archived