Beware of bully buyers lurking here on Fiverr

cosignproduct

We should have a list of bully members that are only on Fiverr to complain about any and everything because they are miserable people I have this buyer ( fragglesrock) That as soon as they ordered my gig they wanted to cancel claiming that they had to pay for an extra gig that they think they shouldnt have to pay for Now my gig is COMPLETELY explained and I asked what is it that you wanted that wasnt explained so I may make it more clear for any future buyers (although I have dozens of completed gigs by happy buyers with 100% feedbac) The buyer could not explain what it was which indicated they were just nosey, (Maybe a competitor of mine) and just wanted to cancel after they seen what happens when they order the gig…I dont now but the result is I was harrassed and threatened to be put on blast by this person that I am a bad person or something and they were going to alert the whole Fiverr community. Its funny how people create the situation Then turn around and threaten you to fix it.

Just want to see if any other sellers had bully buyers try to intimidate them because they damn sure dont intimidate me…My gig work speaks for itself

Sheriff’s Note: Calling someone out is not allowed here.

Hi voiceover! Here are my two cents 🙂

Who would compile this list? Fiverr + community

Who would maintain it? Fiverr

What if someone was put on the list wrongly? Fiverr can screen reports and setup standards to avoid this from happening (most social networking site will do this to protect against false allegations)

How would someone get off the list? If screened correctly, they won’t get on there in the first place. Otherwise they could have an option to repeal.

Regarding cosign’s issue, I agree with @cheezees. Screen cap your conversation. Here are some good alternatives to the standard ‘print screen’ button

Mac users // Command-Shift-4 and then use cursor to select the portion of your screen you wish to capture, which will then be automatically saved to your desktop

PC users // Search “Snipping Tool” in your Start Menu and then pin a program shortcut to your taskbar (using right click). It automatically copies the screen shot to your clipboard which can be saved on your computer as an individual file OR pasted into a program like Word or Excel which will let you easily compile multiple screenshots 🙂

Keep up the hard work!

-L

In my opinion, we will all encounter that type of customer once in a while.

I would report that person to CS. I know, CS is overbooked at the moment.

Chances are, that person has been acting in a similar way towards other sellers too.

If nobody speaks up, nothing will be done about it.

I am sure that CS receives multiple complaints regarding the same person, they will act upon that.

And, I also would make screenshots!

Secondly, I would like to ask your opinion on a related topic.

What if a person communicates in his/ her native language while buying. I mean any language other than English. That happens sometimes, and it does not have to be a bad thing.

However, when a problem arises I wonder whether CS would be able to assist when the communication happened in a language other than English.

Reply to @belgianwriter:

belgianwriter said:In my opinion, we will all encounter that type of customer once in a while.

Yeah. I agree. I recently had one of those. Byebye 100%. &*^&^$

belgianwriter said: However, when a problem arises I wonder whether CS would be able to assist when the communication happened in a language other than English.

They can always hire one of us to do the translation. ;)

I’ve had this issue with a couple buyers - i immediately contact customer support with ticket number and explain what’s happening and for them to monitor.

I never hesitate to contact Customer Support with any issues - because if multiple people are having the same issue that buyer could be blocked and kicked off Fiverr immediately - depending on the issue.

For example, i had one buyer, ordered twice and i completed work with no issues, then the third order came in… and all of a sudden they were (it was a guy) started messaging really degrading things to me. RED FLAG. I could’ve just ignored it, but this is my workplace and i don’t want this happening to other sellers. So I contacted Fiverr in case any other females were experiencing the same thing and they cancelled the order for me as well as blocked them from contacting me.

No lists need to be compiled - use Fiverr Support as a resource (they ROCK and they’re ultimately the gate keepers!), and as soon as you feel anything fishy about an order - request a cancellation.

OX

cosignproduct said: What do you do when a buyer buys your $5 gig and then right after says "Your a fraud because you have additional gigs? They want the world for $5 without realizing that extra gigs are there for a reason

You also send them to this link :)

forum.fiverr.com/discussion/20719/what-fiverr-the-largest-marketplace-for-services-starting-at-5-really-means

lillymae said: Hi voiceover! Here are my two cents :)

Who would compile this list? Fiverr + community

Who would maintain it? Fiverr

I'm not sure how much you thought about this. But let's put in one more question.

Why have a list at all. If fiverr find abusive buyers, don't they remove their accounts as they did if a buyer does a charge back? Why have a list at all?

Reply to @anarchofighter: Hi anarchofighter! Thank you for your reply. Be rest assured I have thought about it, in fact I found that Twitter has a straight forward process in place for reporting “abusive users” which involves a quick questionnaire for the reporter to fill out.

The answer to your question, it would seem that Fiverr’s efforts would be far more streamlined if they were to focus investigations on users who have been (repeatedly) reported by the community. That being said, unlike Twitter users, practically all Fiverr members add direct cash flow therefore the incentive to remove ‘bad’ members is quite low from a revenue perspective. Perhaps to avoid lowering profits they could provide non-cash incentives to a select group of user ambassadors to mediate this type of issue amongst the community.

Offering goods and services on fiverr is no different than offering goods or services in the ‘outside world’. There will always be a mix of customers, some easy to deal with, some not so. The thing I always remember when dealing with a customer is that I never know what problems or pressures that customer maybe dealing with in their own lives. They maybe ill. Just been made redundant etc etc. so I try to be as courteous and helpful as I can.

I have a fiverr member harassing me asking me things as if I’m a table top seller on the beach that harasses people. I did explain to her/him that I’m not, I’m a small business owner.

They ended the convo with: I’ll let you go now… I don’t want to break you any more.

I feel a bit violated by their remarks.

What more can I do besides Reporting the convo to avoid her/him?

Guest scleejune

Hi

I am new to fiverr. May I know which section where I can have conversation with the buyer and print screen just in case. It is under the Contact Me?

Thank you

Jun

• 1 year later...

Although having a list is a great idea, but many will lie and put the right people on the list, so I am not for it. Believe me there are also bully sellers who scamb members and then complain about them to fiverr because they were busted. Most people come to us for solutions, and its not to title them as being miserable people. You client reminds me a seller who literally tried to scam me and when I busted him, and asked for a refund, which he did immediately. And as a result I was harassed and threatened he’ll put back my negativity? I mean, wow and he called him self helping with the law of attraction and fixing karmas, when all I asked to help me find my wallet and money I left at CVS while picking up my prescriptions. Not only that, he actually reported me to fiverr for harassing him, and fiver sent me the warning? Thanks God I copied all info and submitted for investigations. I agree, Its funny how people create the situation then turn around and threaten you to ruin your business or whatever so there are less competitions on fiverr.

I am a seller, but in my case I was a buyer and the seller bullied me. I have a great rating and my clients know I am loyal, I wish this other so call expert was more professional then he claims to be.

Archived