Introducing Vacation Mode on Fiverr!

natalieab

Does anyone have a hand on experience with this feature? I’m hearing a lot of “I dropped in rankings” despite the official “it won’t hurt your rankings”. I’m very concerned because I only have one gig that has orders and if I lose that I’m screwed. 😃 I’m planning a road trip in April and won’t be able to work but I’m concerned about dropping in ranks.

Reply to @madmoo: after thinking about it, the vacation thing seems to have been designed to mimic the real world vacations, where you can have as many as a month of free days, right?

But the unfairness in this design is that Fiverr wasn’t designed like a real job, because we don’t have 8hrs of work here - many of us work over 12hrs a day, so that means the entire 28 days allowance is not designed in a fairly manner…

I mean, we have no schedule system like in the real world and thus we work all the time, but we ‘must’ conform to a real-world vacation system?

Tell me how this is fair 😦

• 3 weeks later...

Here is my experience.

I experienced Vacation Mode 2 weeks ago. I was overbooked with number of orders so i decided to take advantage of this new feature and activated for FOUR days.

Daily morning i got email notification that X number of people want to order your Gigs as they subscribed to WAITING LIST on my GIG.

When i deactivated this feature, i got many orders (probably from buyers who were waiting). Obviously my gigs lost higher search promotion given to my GIGs. (As if you suspend gigs, it would be lost also).

So overall, it was a good experience.

• 4 weeks later...

Since we’re on Fiverr, and the site promotes the gig economy, flexibility and all that jazz, why’s the vacation day limit only 28 days?

I wish I knew the 28-day limit when I started using the Vacation Mode (I swear, I never saw anything about it on the initial announcement post). It’s very helpful when I’m overbooked - when I receive “waiting list” notifications, I make adjustments so I can accommodate some orders again. Now I’ve used it all up, and have to suspend gigs indefinitely when I’m overbooked.

Reply to @haestella: Fiverr tried to simulate real-world vacations, which can’t be more than a month, but this is unfair because sellers work on Fiverr more than 10-12 hours every single day as opposed to 8hrs on a real-world job with weekends… so we should get unlimited vacation, or at least 2-3 months of it, because Fiverr is not a real-world job hence the vacation should not mimic real world

Reply to @haestella: I currently work between 90-100 hours a week including weekends 😦 a scheduling system would really benefit us, or at least some setting to limit the number of orders we receive… because if we get ill from working too much, we then won’t be able to provide Fiverr the money flow…

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest jenjay

I think Fiverr would also be suffering from significant revenues if all their Sellers go on vacation leave for extensive periods. It’s a strategy guys, just like the real work world, Fiverr has to make sure they maintain their profits too . 😉

• 4 weeks later...

I wasn’t aware there was a limit on the number of vacation days you could take. Wish I’d known before and would have been more selective. I use this mode when I start feeling overwhelmed. I agree with Woofy31. I wish there was some way to set a limit on the number of orders you receive. I know it’s a good problem to have, but too many orders and it starts to feel out of control.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I do like the Vacation mode. However, why do buyers still send me their orders WHILST I’m already on Vacation Mode? My profile/Gigs clearly indicate it, but somehow they’re still ignoring this fact and send me orders.

Someone just sent me an order today! How are they able to make orders, when all they’re supposed to do is notify me, so when I return I know I have some customers waiting?

This is getting really frustrating. This is the second time it’s happened (and the second time I’ve attempted to “go on Vacation.”) And I have to complete their orders ANYWAY now because otherwise it’ll make an impact on my business and me as a Seller. I’ve been working very hard to let it go to waste, but … I’m so annoyed.

What shall I do? What am I doing wrong? Please help, shed some light on this for me! I thought orders wouldn’t be able to go through until Vacation Mode is over?

Archived