Just cancelled an order :(

… just cancelled an order…
see it happened like this…
i have a proofread/edit gig…
i got an order… started working… worked two days and submitted…
the buyer answered rude… that he did not want this proofreading, he just needed a critical analysis and scholarly views on his thesis…
I told him my gig is simple secretarial level read/correct sort of thing…
he did understand… though
but still…
my order stands cancelled and i feel sad…
i think its a fault on both sides…
he didnot understand that my gig only offers proofreading
and me…
i should have reported cancellation asa I realized that he wants scholarly feedback which i cannot give!

Call me sceptical, but this has happened to me, and I think your buyer may have known exactly was offered in your gig. You have done the work and submitted it to the buyer. It was clear what your gig included but the buyer chose to miunderstand. He now has your work and has paid nothing. I have decided that in the future I will not be cancelling if I have done the work and then the buyer says that this wasn’t what they were looking for, even though it was clear in the gig. I’m sorry that this has happened to you.

Guest legacine

If your Gig clearly states that you offer proofreading services, and you offered proofreading services, then why did you cancel?

If your Gig clearly states that you offer proofreading services, and you offered proofreading services, then why did you cancel?

He said that he will pay me … but will review me bad…

I said I don’t take charities … take your money…

he says … that is v dignified of you… lets cancel the order …

and i cancelled it myself …

( actually felt bad about it ) … the buyer used words like you ‘fleeced me’

Buyer that is threatening that they will review you bad and wanting refunds, cancellations instead (if you have done your work as described) goes against the TOS and you should report that to customer support before doing anything else.

Buyer that is threatening that they will review you bad and wanting refunds, cancellations instead (if you have done your work as described) goes against the TOS and you should report that to customer support before doing anything else.

I realize that I have made a mistake by cancelling… thanks for your inputs guys…

How long does it take to wash off from my profiles

Guest offlinehelpers

I realize that I have made a mistake by cancelling… thanks for your inputs guys…

How long does it take to wash off from my profiles

Cancellations count against your completed orders percentage for 60 days - the more you orders you successfully deliver in the next 60 days, the less of an impact it’ll have.

Good luck on your future orders! ☀️

Hi dear, Order cancellation it’s a part of your work. Don’t take it negatively because next time you can manage this type of buyer’s easily. Take this experience for positive way use it in future. Work hard and do your work perfectly. Best wishes for you

He said that he will pay me … but will review me bad…

I said I don’t take charities … take your money…

he says … that is v dignified of you… lets cancel the order …

and i cancelled it myself …

( actually felt bad about it ) … the buyer used words like you ‘fleeced me’

He manipulated you. Used the one thing every seller fears the most: a bad review.

You’d delivered the service you advertised on your Gig. In my opinion, the buyer needed a free service, and you gave that to him.

Next time, ensure you contact the customer care.

He manipulated you. Used the one thing every seller fears the most: a bad review.

You’d delivered the service you advertised on your Gig. In my opinion, the buyer needed a free service, and you gave that to him.

Next time, ensure you contact the customer care.

Thanks for your kind feedback …

But no . . he didn’t want it for free…

He said … i will pay you but will review you bad since you didnot deliver what i wanted…

I replied i don’t take charity!

Thanks for your kind feedback …

But no . . he didn’t want it for free…

He said … i will pay you but will review you bad since you didnot deliver what i wanted…

I replied i don’t take charity!

That’s exactly why the buyer said, “I will pay you, BUT (here is the big conditional that is expected to sway you into giving a free service) leave a bad review.” He didn’t need to tell you he’d leave a bad review if it hadn’t been a threat.

Generally, a seller wouldn’t hear “bad review” and still think about getting paid. A bad review leaves a stain, whereas you can always secure another order. So, you’d naturally let it go. It’s human psychology, pure intimidation.

I once had an experience similar to yours. The buyer, in my case, remarked that the service was a “mismatch” and allowed me to re-do the gig (needless to say, the revision made them happy, and they left a huge tip). Unlike your buyer, they’d insisted they didn’t want a refund. Yours could have opted for the same route, having devoted valuable time to his order, but he didn’t. Besides, he read your service description before he ordered. It was intentional.

Except the buyer had discussed what they want before they ordered, making it a custom order, you should insist you delivered the advertised service on your Gig, and contact CS if things escalate

That’s exactly why the buyer said, “I will pay you, BUT (here is the big conditional that is expected to sway you into giving a free service) leave a bad review.” He didn’t need to tell you he’d leave a bad review if it hadn’t been a threat.

Generally, a seller wouldn’t hear “bad review” and still think about getting paid. A bad review leaves a stain, whereas you can always secure another order. So, you’d naturally let it go. It’s human psychology, pure intimidation.

I once had an experience similar to yours. The buyer, in my case, remarked that the service was a “mismatch” and allowed me to re-do the gig (needless to say, the revision made them happy, and they left a huge tip). Unlike your buyer, they’d insisted they didn’t want a refund. Yours could have opted for the same route, having devoted valuable time to his order, but he didn’t. Besides, he read your service description before he ordered. It was intentional.

Except the buyer had discussed what they want before they ordered, making it a custom order, you should insist you delivered the advertised service on your Gig, and contact CS if things escalate

Yes … i agree … I think I should make it a practice to add the tagline

… ’ your order will only comply to the description of services listed in my gig’…

Yes … i agree … I think I should make it a practice to add the tagline

… ’ your order will only comply to the description of services listed in my gig’…

Well, you might include that to be on the safe side, but you needn’t.

A Gig description typically advertises what buyers should expect for their orders. So, they shouldn’t expect a service that wasn’t advertised, and if they do, the fault isn’t the sellers’—it’s like driving down to McDonald’s to buy a car stereo, and threatening you’d sue if they don’t sell you one.

Well, you might include that to be on the safe side, but you needn’t.

A Gig description typically advertises what buyers should expect for their orders. So, they shouldn’t expect a service that wasn’t advertised, and if they do, the fault isn’t the sellers’—it’s like driving down to McDonald’s to buy a car stereo, and threatening you’d sue if they don’t sell you one.

thanks damdaramson … I am so comforted…

Newbies like me are a brittle stock … easily bend to pressure 😏

Archived