Could you please help me improve my gig?

jeolson

Hi there. My sales have dropped off the chart (literally) since Fiverr striped me of my Level 2 status. I have only had two orders since then (as opposed to around 5 per week). Both of these buyers were repeat buyers and have used my services before. Before I was demoted, I actually had the problem of having to schedule my time. Now I’m bone dry for gigs and I was wondering what I could do to improve. I put up another gig besides this one where I will proofread shorter books (link 2).

https://www.fiverr.com/jeolson/create-an-index-or-glossary-for-your-book

https://www.fiverr.com/jeolson/proofread-1-000-words-in-48-hours

In link one, I recently increased my price and up to the point of my demotion, that was not an issue. People were still buying and they were still leaving 5-star reviews. Please tell me what I can do to improve my gig and return to the daily emails which I was getting. I want to be busy again.

create-an-index-or-glossary-for-your-book.jpg.ff1156b873372ab21743e0c6fecd3537.jpg

proofread-1-000-words-in-48-hours.jpg.e4ded4eba549d3a3a0c1f86a48d561ce.jpg

For the first gig, the proofreading the book one, the link is partly “create-an-index-or-glossary-for-your-book”, like the gig was renamed at some point. I don’t know what the best thing to do for that is (creating a new gig would create a more meaningful URL but it would be like starting again in terms of reviews for that gig) but it might help if the URL was more meaningful. What if a new gig was created for the review gig and the current gig was renamed to be to “Create an index or glossary for your book”? Also, maybe check for any issues with the FAQ. Maybe mention ebook in the title/description as well as book. Maybe clarify “nor do I use any specialized writing software to check for any errors”, ie. couldn’t Ms Word at least highlight words it thought were spelling errors (even though they that doesn’t mean they actually are errors but it could at least give an indication that there may be some types of errors)…

Also, though it’s not listed, in the beta reading maybe the number of words included (the number of words you’ll write) could be more for the longer books (eg. wouldn’t a longer book likely have more issues?).

I’d also check the pricing of the gigs are competitive. Maybe check the delivery times (can they temporarily be reduced?). Also maybe mention something about trust/security/confidentiality and copyright/rights.

For the first gig, the proofreading the book one, the link is partly “create-an-index-or-glossary-for-your-book”, like the gig was renamed at some point. I don’t know what the best thing to do for that is (creating a new gig would create a more meaningful URL but it would be like starting again in terms of reviews for that gig) but it might help if the URL was more meaningful. What if a new gig was created for the review gig and the current gig was renamed to be to “Create an index or glossary for your book”? Also, maybe check for any issues with the FAQ. Maybe mention ebook in the title/description as well as book. Maybe clarify “nor do I use any specialized writing software to check for any errors”, ie. couldn’t Ms Word at least highlight words it thought were spelling errors (even though they that doesn’t mean they actually are errors but it could at least give an indication that there may be some types of errors)…

Also, though it’s not listed, in the beta reading maybe the number of words included (the number of words you’ll write) could be more for the longer books (eg. wouldn’t a longer book likely have more issues?).

I’d also check the pricing of the gigs are competitive. Maybe check the delivery times (can they temporarily be reduced?). Also maybe mention something about trust/security/confidentiality and copyright/rights.

My gig was originally titled “I will create an index or glossary for your book” but then clients kept asking me to proofread. If I had scratched that gig and created a new one, then I would have lost all the reviews I had built up to that point. That’s what Fiverr told me when I contacted them about it. I already say that I don’t use any writing software to check for grammatical errors. I took your advice and edited my FAQs. I also clarified which software to which I was referring. It’s interesting that bring up the confidentiality. I’m all out of description and FAQ space, but when they ask, I tell them that their book stays on my hard drive for a week and then it goes directly to the trash bin. I don’t share their document with anyone without their permission. I have a background in journalism so I try to be ethical about it.

Archived