What do you think about controversial statement of snapchat CEO?

zeeshan_tirmizi

You would prefer more war, and less prosperity?

That’s a deliberate misreading of the point I am making. The world has become so complacent because of peace and prosperity that it has forgotten how it has been able to achieve peace and prosperity. Most people have been reduced to outraging over every silly thing. It’s like the Roman Civilization at the height of its prosperity. There is no seriousness of purpose, no stamina to get things done and no fortitude to withstand loss. Everybody wants things done the easy way, and if they don’t get what they want, they outrage. Now, stop misreading or misinterpreting my statements.

As you so order, wise and powerful one… 🙂

It’s not a deliberate misreading. It was my first impression. As I have never met you, I do not know what you personally are like. There are those who argue that we need war, and poverty. Evidently you are not one of them.

I do want to point out that at least the outrage proves that some people are still paying attention - at least they are still attempting to notice the world around them, however imperfectly that may be.

As you so order, wise and powerful one… 🙂

It’s not a deliberate misreading. It was my first impression. As I have never met you, I do not know what you personally are like. There are those who argue that we need war, and poverty. Evidently you are not one of them.

I do want to point out that at least the outrage proves that some people are still paying attention - at least they are still attempting to notice the world around them, however imperfectly that may be.

No, they are not. They are only trying to remake the world according to their political preferences. So when there is a terror strike, for example, people hold hands and light candles and express their anguish on the social media, and are satisfied that they have done their bit.

No, they are not. They are only trying to remake the world according to their political preferences. So when there is a terror strike, for example, people hold hands and light candles and express their anguish on the social media, and are satisfied that they have done their bit.

It is activity.

What can the average person do in that case?

What about people who aren’t physically useful that way?

I need powerful glasses to see.

Some people’s talent is speaking, or writing.

The 1940s also featured a World War.

Well,do your duty, whatever it is, pay your taxes and stop wasting time on meaningless outrages. Now I go back to my articles.

Archived