My Hopes For Fiverr

lucycodex

I know that the gigs that I do are already posted on a pretty saturated market, so I am not expecting to get noticed at any time in the near future. However, I also sell ebooks on the side, and I am hoping that the royalties from those, combined with the commissions I get for work here on Fiverr, can help me to reduce the hours of, and ultimately quit, my day job.

I am not expecting thousands of dollars, as I currently work for minimum wage, and only need a few hundred a month to make ends meet. If I can earn more than that, I’d be happy, but as of right now, I am focused on trying to earn 650 dollars a month, as that will pay my rent and bills.

I know that I just started here in late March, but I have high hopes for this site, and I am hoping that, combined with other revenue sources that I am working on, I can finally fulfill my wish to not only work from home and own my own form of business, but also so I can finally quit my “Typical” job.

It’s going to be a long and tedious road ahead, and will be filled with ups and downs and a lot of blood, sweat, and coffee tears. I am looking forward to putting in a ton of effort to get to my goal, and to supply the highest quality of work that I can, and to learn more and more as I go.

My only regret so far is that I didn’t do this sooner.

It’s not that bad… if you go into it planning ahead. Be prepared, and you’ll have nothing to worry about. 🙂

You get a, what is it called…? 1080 form? Something like that, from Fiverr at the end of the year like I do for Lulu and Amazon, right?

You get a, what is it called…? 1080 form? Something like that, from Fiverr at the end of the year like I do for Lulu and Amazon, right?

Fiverr is not a US business, so they don’t send out 1080 forms. You’ll have to keep track of your profits, and list them on your own.

Fiverr is not a US business, so they don’t send out 1080 forms. You’ll have to keep track of your profits, and list them on your own.

So I’d just list the sales as commissions? Because I don’t think Fiverr takes out taxes, so I would not need documentation for that?

You’re right, Self Employment is a whole new bag of beans

So I’d just list the sales as commissions? Because I don’t think Fiverr takes out taxes, so I would not need documentation for that?

You’re right, Self Employment is a whole new bag of beans

Yes, you would have to, essentially, list all of your earnings from Fiverr as “other” on your tax forms – since there would be no official form from Fiverr to document this. Just keep good records, and be able to prove your income if asked (usually, in the form of an audit).

Archived