Potentially bad job - HELP!

Hi All,

First of all i want to say this is in no way a critisicm of anyone especially the customer. I have just finished first round delivery of a gig, customer came back asking for a revision. Bottom line is their explanation of what they wanted initially has changed (and i’m putting it to the uncanny ability people have to recognise what they want or when something is right/wrong only AFTER a product is put in front of them).

Now i don’t have a problem with the request for revision, where i’m stuck is how the request has turned from relatively straightforward to confusing and contradictory. I have asked the customer to explain some of their meanings but i’m worried that i would get a negative review (it’s due in 14 hours approx) based on failure to deliver on time. Any suggestions on what to do? I don’t want to cancel on them as they haven’t done anything wrong i just don’t want to underdeliver. Any advise would be great

SolutionsHub_AU

You need to explain clearly what you need from them to proceed.
If you are going to run out of time due to the client’s revision request then you should request extra time using the “Resolve Now” button at the top right of the order page. This works best when you politely explain that you need to extend the time due to the lack of info from them.

Thanks for that - it’s a little unnerving as it’s my second gig. I don’t want to walk away from a job as the customer hasn’t done anything wrong, but I don’t want to get a bad review because - as you said; a lack of communication.

Trust me, most customers will be happier if you communicate well and explain the situation rather than just cancel. A lot of buyers are unaware of the countdown timer as it doesn’t show up for them. This is why you need to use the Resolve button. You can even explain that Fiverr penalize sellers for being late. If you explain it politely and clearly then it really should not be an issue for them to accept it. Do also give a rough idea of when you will get it done, it helps the buyer know it is a genuine request (make sure you do deliver it at the time you say you will though!)

Archived