FIverr: Love it or Leave it

wuerz123

Ok, here I am after almost 4½ years swimming through this website’s waters.
It took me a while to learn and improve, because as always I want to do my things alone, and was not checking forums or asking for help (as I can see now, the amount of people who desperately ask to be helped!!), maybe with this post I can re-direct their ideas.
At that time (when I started) I’ve got my first order after 2 days, and with my first client I’ve made $100. From there on, it has been ups and downs, mostly because of the time I wanted to give to this website. There were times when I was not able to work much, and others when I could do much.
I started with 5 Gigs, offering Logos, flyers, photo edition, even translations! And now I have just 2 running… like I’ve said it took me time to get where I wanted.
Fiverr is like any other job: work hard, improve your skills, learn, make experience, read, update, and be open minded! Yes, many would say “you’re not saying anything new”… but that’s really the key of all this…
Slowly I gave up Logos Design, as they were taking too much time from me, Photo Edition too… as it was not giving me personal satisfaction. And so on I gave up other Gigs which I started as “experiments”, but were not what I liked to do.
I do posters and flyers now, and I’m happy with it. I love what I do, my clients let me know they love my work too. I’ve created a good list of regular clients and they even wait for me when I go on holidays. I don’t force myself anymore to create many Gigs and work in something I don’t really like doing. I know that for economic reasons, many new sellers will work anything, in order to get $5 more. But my experience tells me that, when I’m not liking what I do, mostly the deliveries come back, with revisions… many revisions sometimes.
It’s when you love what you do, that things really work and move forward. Now I can say that almost 80% of my deliveries are accepted at the first try, because I take my time to work on my orders, I do it and l like it.
Maybe when you force yourself to sell something you don’t like doing… is where you fail at starting in this website. Think about it. Try giving your best every time you deliver and try to love your work as much as I do now.
Like I’ve said… many will say “you don’t say anything new”… but there is much you could learn from these words, without going the hard way as I did.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, here I am after almost 4½ years swimming through this website’s waters.

It took me a while to learn and improve, because as always I want to do my things alone, and was not checking forums or asking for help (as I can see now, the amount of people who desperately ask to be helped!!), maybe with this post I can re-direct their ideas.

At that time (when I started) I’ve got my first order after 2 days, and with my first client I’ve made $100. From there on, it has been ups and downs, mostly because of the time I wanted to give to this website. There were times when I was not able to work much, and others when I could do much.

I started with 5 Gigs, offering Logos, flyers, photo edition, even translations! And now I have just 2 running… like I’ve said it took me time to get where I wanted.

Fiverr is like any other job: work hard, improve your skills, learn, make experience, read, update, and be open minded! Yes, many would say “you’re not saying anything new”… but that’s really the key of all this…

Slowly I gave up Logos Design, as they were taking too much time from me, Photo Edition too… as it was not giving me personal satisfaction. And so on I gave up other Gigs which I started as “experiments”, but were not what I liked to do.

I do posters and flyers now, and I’m happy with it. I love what I do, my clients let me know they love my work too. I’ve created a good list of regular clients and they even wait for me when I go on holidays. I don’t force myself anymore to create many Gigs and work in something I don’t really like doing. I know that for economic reasons, many new sellers will work anything, in order to get $5 more. But my experience tells me that, when I’m not liking what I do, mostly the deliveries come back, with revisions… many revisions sometimes.

It’s when you love what you do, that things really work and move forward. Now I can say that almost 80% of my deliveries are accepted at the first try, because I take my time to work on my orders, I do it and l like it.

Maybe when you force yourself to sell something you don’t like doing… is where you fail at starting in this website. Think about it. Try giving your best every time you deliver and try to love your work as much as I do now.

Like I’ve said… many will say “you don’t say anything new”… but there is much you could learn from these words, without going the hard way as I did.

way as I did

you are right, I think same, Thank you!

Archived