Tips to keep in mind on fiverr for beginners

Guest phantompower

Guest phantompower

So i opened my account some months ago but did not start using it until last month or but one. The thing is i thought that i would just open an account and orders would start flowing in but that is not the case. If you check the site all the top rated sellers have been on fiverr for atleast 1 year… Yes that is what it takes. I have been using it officially for about 2 months now and have made about 2k$ in sales from less that 50 people. How did i do it? I will get to that shortly. The thing is due to demand, making your gig stand out from the rest is almost impossible, but with patience you can do it… So let me tell you my story. My first gig was a transcribing one. I checked other sellers and saw some of them were making huge sales 2000+ each gig being 5$ meaning they had made 10000$. I my case it was the opposite instead of getting the the real client i was like a third party. A client would offer someone a job who would then forward it to me at very low rates. 5$ for 60minutes transcription. I did 2 of this and then decided it was not worth it especially on a 24 hour deadline… When i finally decided to raise my fee, i jumped from 5$ to a massive 1.20$ a minute. So if you needed 60 minutes you had to have about 80$ inorder for me to do it… Why so high when others are doing it for much less? A you all know cheap things are never good. Price is what you pay value is what you get… If you paid me 5$ for 60minutes i might as well get a monkey to do it for you because the transcript will be full of grammatical errors… STORY IS CUT SHORT, BECAUSE IT IS TOO LONG… So Here A re The Tips. They are not in any particular order

1. DO NOT SELL YOURSELF SHORT
    –If you know your work is worth a million don’t sell it for less than that, if you don’t start building your dream house someone else will use you to build theirs.

2.GIVE THE BUYER WHAT HE/SHE PAID FOR
–If a buyer pays for a dog don’t sell them a cat as compensation. In fiverr if a buyer pays less than what their project is worth then you should give them exactly what they pay for. Lets say someone wants 5 minutes of animation, with voice over within 24hrs and it should be professional and is paying you 5$ to me i will give a stock animations and a robot generated voice over. You need to ask yourself if they could do it themselves do you think they would charge 5$?

3.DON"T SPAM PEOPLE
Now i have seen people who spam customers so that they buy their services… Ati. Ohh i saw you paid 70$ for a service i am offering the same service for less. If you try to do this people will report you and your chances to sell will go beyond zero.

4.OFFER SOMETHING YOU ARE GOOD AT
Do not offer photoshop, if you only know how to use the move tool. You need to offer a service that you are totally comfortable with. This will keep you customer happy and a repeat buyer

5.DO NOT COPY SOMEONES DESCRIPTION
Copying someones description is out of the question. I once did this and did not sell anything, after changing it to my own unique one i made 2 sales worth 50 and 180$. But who am i to advice you

6.USE THE OFFER SECTION
Now if you do not use this go use it now. Basically it tell you what buyers are looking for and how much they are willing to pay. Note this is unique to your gig, if you offer 1 you get customers interested in 1… PSSSTTT make sure you are the first to bid… shh Its a secret

7.DO NOT…I REPEAT, DO NOT USE THE BUYERS REQUEST TO ADVERTISE YOUR GIG
Now in the buyers request i have found sellers advertise themselves. If you do this you are simply digging your own grave and no one will attend your burial… Its called a buyers request for reason. Use your brain to think, not to fill up you head.

8.BE PATIENT
Not all clients are online so be patient one is about to find you, if you scream loud enough

9.RESPONSE RATE IS VERY IMPORTANT
This is very important especially if a client is in a hurry. If you reply within 7 hours and i reply within 1 hour. more buyers for me

10.Sending offers(in small letters)
If a buyer asks for a service and is willing to 50$ for it dont send an offer for 60$. The buyer will split faster that you can say bambucha, Offer 45$ Then they will have a chance to tip you more if you do a good job.

What else should i add??? Can i tell you about singing cats and how useless they are because they can’t catch mice??

Any way if you find this helpful. comment below, If you think it ain’t helpful leave a big comment saying WATAGATAPITSUBERRY…

Guest phantompower

thanks for that tip, but all that matters is that you understood the meaning of the statement… It’s just like you have written… (I want to give you other tip) Instead of “I want to give you another tip or I want to give you other tips”. It happens every now and then someone makes a small mistake

Guest aaron222

I’m not an expert, but maybe change your packages. I don’t think school work is a much desired gig. Maybe move into a broader area with more demand. Also perhaps remove ’ I am a nerd at it’, it doesn’t come off well at all. Like i said, I’m not an expert thats just my personal opinion.

Guest aaron222

To Emmaki
You’re super negative around these forums criticising people, give the bloke a break. Jesus.
To phantom:
It’s well done, some nice helpful tips phantom, thank you.

Archived