Can we block buyers?

clixess

Great question. I am new too, and have been fortunate enough to have only great experiences with buyers, but I would like to know as well to be prepared for an what is probably an eventuality. I am liking and following this thread hoping that it will help to get more attention.

I love this site… he prefaces…but that feature just seems like an obvious option to me. There are some things on here that are just archaic as far as what is available out there and not in use or offered on Fiverr.

In the spirit of the posts before me, I’m not even complaining…but some things here just give me pause as to either being absent, like a simple blocking function, or present but outdated.

You will never convince me the payment format of 14 to 18 days is necessary. Unless they just come out and say…“look people, we need to make interest on the money we get for over 10 days so we can survive as a site…so we hold your dough in an interest bearing account and then release it so we can stay live and you can continue to make money…” then I cannot buy into such a long hold time.

If they did come out and say something similar to what I just said above I would be like “fine…I get it and it’s worth it anyway…” I am a seller, and I sell writing pieces almost every day here. I write for about a dozen other sites and they all pay either that day or within 24 hours! Why is it so different here? The fact is, I continue to come back and it really doesn’t affect me but there are others on here that must struggle a bit with this insane delay. Again, it just strikes me as outdated…I too will follow this thread and see what happens. Good topic!

Reply to @madmoo: from february? I think you need to check it again… disputes can’t be opened after that long only 45 days.

"

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 45 days of payment if:

You don’t receive the item

You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website. "

https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/main.jsp?t=solutionTab&ft=homeTab&ps=&solutionId=163596&locale=en_GB&_dyncharset=UTF-8&countrycode=GB&cmd=_help&m=BT

Reply to @fitzythird: You complain about 14 days been too much… but you have up to 45 to have that money taken back… Plus, eBay has a 21 days hold on your account when you start selling! Now that sucks cuz they are filled with scam losers… I’ve been selling there for over 6 years and it’s just getting worse. 14 days is enough I would say!

Reply to @nafishasan:

Well, this s*cks! Buyers have the ability to choose from whom they order, but we can’t choose with whom we want to work? Basically we are forced to work with anyone who decides to buy our gig, even though we don’t want to work with him/her. Where is the democracy?

I have messaged troublesome buyers when they want another job done and simply told them, “I don’t think I would be able to deliver anything you would be satisfied with, so I would recommend trying to find another seller who could do a better job.” That puts the blame on me instead of the customer, lets me wiggle out of doing a job for a person I don’t enjoy, and makes everyone happy in the long run. I wish them luck on their project and that’s that. Of course, that only works when the customer messages you before ordering…

Guest matt_garry

Reply to @sher1972: ya I was recently asked to make an audio recording of “horror sex sounds” I am so glad he contacted me first before ordering lol

Archived