I need to know what needs to be improved. Brutal honesty is okay

foxxymoron

Hello, I have a proofreading gig, and I need someone to tell me what needs to be improved. Please read through the description and check out the prices. I really need to know how to make my gig better. Brutal honesty is welcomed, so don’t be shy! If I made any errors in my sentences, or if my description needs to be revised, feel free to let me know. I’ll be eternally grateful. Thank you for your time. 🙂

Seeing as you are a proofreader, there shouldn’t be any mistakes in your gig 😛

Joking aside, It looks pretty good to me, and well written. Your text is a bit long, so maybe break it up with some headings?

I’m new too, so I’m hoping a more experienced seller can jump in right about…now, and add more valuable advice.

Good luck and happy fiverring!

I tend to be a bit wordy when I write. I appreciate your feedback, and I’ll try to break my text up a bit. I’d like to know what you might need help with, because I have been a seller on this site before. I had some bad luck and my account got restricted. I didn’t break any rules on this site nor did I violate the TOS, but I broke my personal computer and had to use the public ones at my college. So, if you need any advice, feel free to contact me. I’d love to help a fellow newbie. 🙂

It’s probably due to a lack of traffic. I’m also a newcomer and this is the problem with both of our gigs. Plus, I think you should spend a little bit of time on generating 5 star reviews. No one wants to order from a first comer so in the beginning, be willing to work for free. In the end, it will totally pay off.

You don’t get five star reviews working for free. It’s just not good for business. I thank you for your advice, but believe me, it’s not the best approach. I’ve worked on Fiverr before, and as I previously stated, I had a bit of bad luck. I’ve done free work but only as a favor to customers. It took me about three weeks before I had my first customer, and I delivered my first order that night. I never offered her free work before that first order, but she became a repeat customer. Work should never be free, unless it’s a courtesy. It also shows that you have confidence in your work. Free doesn’t always mean quality, and that’s why some customers are willing to pay more rather than get something for free. Remember, everyone was a newbie at some point; it’s all about how you present yourself.

Well, your gigs look fine, and I see you have already had some orders. Are you trying to figure out how to get more buyers? I could give you some general advice on what helped me in the past, but I like working with specifics. 🙂
So, tell me your main concern, and I’ll see if I can give you some decent advice.

I only noticed a few very small nitpicking things regarding the wording in your gig.

“I dedicate my time…” should be “I will dedicate my time.”

In the ending paragraph it should read I will also make certain rather than I also make certain.
Also you say “as an aspiring writer” but then say I take great pride in helping fellow writers. This is not in agreement. You should say simply “as a writer” or something similar so the two things agree.

Instead of “satisfied with the work” it should say “satisfied with my work”.

“are more than just buyers, they’re my partners” should be
"are more than just buyers; they’re my partners"
The semi-colon joins together two phrases which could stand alone as sentences.

My main thought was about putting everything into future tense rather than present tense but it’s probably correct just as it is now.

Archived