Threatening Buyer?

goodgift

Hi,

I wasn’t sure where to put this, so I’ll put it here. I have a buyer that ordered before asking if I could do what has been requested. I have a 5-day delivery time on the gig, and it took about 4 days to get clear communication on what the person wants. After I realized what he (she?) was asking, I mentioned that it is not something I can offer. He insisted that it is something I can do, and even asked for my email address so we could communicate further. I don’t give out personal info on Fiverr, so I did not give out my email.

I requested a mutual cancellation, but he refused, saying that I can do what he has asked, and then told me (in other words) that he would leave negative feedback if I did not follow his “specific instructions”.

So basically, he has forced me to either force a cancellation, which will negatively impact my hard-earned 100% rating, or try to deliver something in 18 hours (and he will most likely leave negative feedback, since I cannot do what he is asking).

I just sent a mail to Fiverr support. Has this happened to anyone? Will it affect my rating? I have worked seriously hard over the past year to maintain my rating, and I don’t want to lose it to someone like this. Any suggestions, comments, etc? Even encouragement would be greatly appreciated. Feeling a bit bullied at the moment. :-

Yeah, I’ve already been demoted from too many mutual cancellations (people not reading the description and ordering things I don’t offer). I worked hard getting back to Level 2!

He’s already rejected one mutual request. I’m sure he’d do the same with another one.

Does a forced request bring the rating down? Like, I’m at 100% now. Would a forced cancellation bring the percentage down?

I will surely wait for CS to respond. Thanks so much for your input.

I think people should really read the description before buying a gig. Buyers should be held accountable for their mistakes too. I recently had a buyer who asked me to edit a work that has been delivered to him several times even after telling him to thoroughly check the work. It could have been a one-time edit but he kept adding new requests upon discovering things to change which could have been done earlier. I think Fiverr should also do something to protect sellers, why isn’t the reviews we make on buyers not showing on their page in the first place?

I think people should really read the description before buying a gig. Buyers should be held accountable for their mistakes too. I recently had a buyer who asked me to edit a work that has been delivered to him several times even after telling him to thoroughly check the work. It could have been a one-time edit but he kept adding new requests upon discovering things to change which could have been done earlier. I think Fiverr should also do something to protect sellers, why isn’t the reviews we make on buyers not showing on their page in the first place?

Archived