Really

aallen1985

If I submit a project, the person marks it as completed, and leaves positive feedback, it still takes about 14-21 days to get paid?! Can someone please explain to me a rational reason that Fiverr, other than gaining interest on others’ payment, would need to hold on to a payment for this long?

I’ve just done a lot of other freelance work and have never heard of such a protracted time frame. Honestly, makes me reconsider using this platform. I could understand a weeks worth of interest gain, but this just seems greedy if the person has left positive feedback.

Read this. It’s not unusual.

en.wikipedia.org 40px-ThreeCoins.svg.png

Net D

Net 10, net 15, net 30 and net 60 (often hyphenated "net-10" and/or followed by "days", e.g., "net 10 days") are forms of trade credit which specify that the net amount (the total outstanding on the invoice) is expected to be paid in full and received by the seller within 10, 15, 30 or 60 days after the goods are dispatched or service is completed. Net 30 or net 60 terms are often coupled with a credit for early payment. The word net in this sense means "total after all discounts." It originally ...

If you want to learn about greed and horrific mismanagement–which is endemic on freelance marketing platforms, read this:

https://medium.com/@ValleyInsider/another-unicorn-bites-the-dust-community-in-uproar-after-disastrous-merger-upwork-expense-cuts-53708f2a6833#.jpbtjvxlx [technically this should be allowed despite mentioning a competitor, but it’s such a scathing piece I reckon it should be OK]

HTH you to form more interesting thoughts on the matter. If you hate this greed from Fiverr, there are many other places and people happy to bilk you for your hard work.

Archived