Your seller declined the request to mutually cancel this order HELP

orcesinc

It sounds like you got someone who wanted free work.

Keep declining no matter what or how many times he uses the cancel button.

I spent every day for a month one time continually refusing to accept a cancellation until the buyer gave up. Don’t accept it. Fight as long as it takes. Sorry you are going through this! Customer support was on my side throughout it.

As I am a buyer, I think Sellers need to understand that keeping someone’s job in limbo for a month is really inconsiderate and unprofessional.

We have hired the Seller for a specified turnaround. YouTube or whatever platform we hope to succeed on, requires us to upload regularly.

We come to Fiverr to get professional work. We pay $ and expect the work to be done, not to be held up in you pushing decline buttons when we request a refund so we can move on.

I hired someone to do a Thumbnail with a turnaround of one day. He accepted. But, now tells me it will take 4 days. This is unacceptable. If I wanted a 4 day turnaround, I would have hired someone with those parameters.

Please see our side and don’t perpetuate this game of “I spent every day for a month, continually refusing to accept a cancellation until the buyer gave up.” That’s a stupid waste of time. Hey, there is a Pandemic out there, why are you wasting time?

• 1 month later...

As I am a buyer, I think Sellers need to understand that keeping someone’s job in limbo for a month is really inconsiderate and unprofessional.

We have hired the Seller for a specified turnaround. YouTube or whatever platform we hope to succeed on, requires us to upload regularly.

We come to Fiverr to get professional work. We pay $ and expect the work to be done, not to be held up in you pushing decline buttons when we request a refund so we can move on.

I hired someone to do a Thumbnail with a turnaround of one day. He accepted. But, now tells me it will take 4 days. This is unacceptable. If I wanted a 4 day turnaround, I would have hired someone with those parameters.

Please see our side and don’t perpetuate this game of “I spent every day for a month, continually refusing to accept a cancellation until the buyer gave up.” That’s a stupid waste of time. Hey, there is a Pandemic out there, why are you wasting time?

I am a seller… I think its always appreciated if the seller & buyer both can discuss the limits & details of the order before they place the order… so after that if any party is willing to change the discussed details then its not fair for the other party. so every situation is different to one another. Some sellers might come up with excuses even after placing an order ( asking for extended deadlines, bad communication & going absent for days, requesting for clarifications after placing the order leading to conflict etc)…in these cases its unfair for the customer because of following reasons,

• they might have chosen the seller out of other considerably good offers

-waste of time

-waste of money

-loosing faith on this platform

Just like that some buyers will request for changes to the order ( asking to extend the scope of the order, requesting to cancel the order because another seller provided with better work, requesting to cancel the order just because.etc)…in these cases its unfair to the seller because of following reasons,

• Extended work will effect other orders because sellers work on strict timelines
  • Opportunity cost
  • Effecting seller rankings
  • Having to treat other buyers also with cautiousness

so i feel like any party who requests for a change to the brief of the order, they should feel responsible & other party should have all the rights to stand on their ground, in any way they feel needed.

FYI; I have seen customers refusing to give up for months too (even after getting all the work done & still wants to cancel while knowing well that they can review as per their experience & move on)

Hi cadlady,

You have some excellent points.

In my case, we discussed what I wanted and he accepted the job. It was a very simple thumbnail. But, he delivered 3 days late and was not responsive until I sent in a complaint.

Thanks for your response. It’s good to see your side as a Seller.

Archived