~ SELLERS MUST READ THIS! How to INCREASE your SALES! With an edge!

joeyperezwest

I originally posted this on “TRS Only” but I thought would re-categorized it for all sellers to see. 😉

Hello, I’ve been on Fiverr for a couple of years, I started off as a buyer then I decided to give selling a try and well now I am here. One of the things that helped me develop my brand on fiverr selling spokesperson videos was that I had a background in business administration, marketing, media and IT communications, I’m also part of a couple of artists unions such as the Screen Actors Guild and Producers Guild of America. I was able to take what I know and create a way for me to have a strong competitive edge that shot me to the top of Fiverr.

What is competitive edge you may be asking? It means that you as a business owner have an advantage over your competitor that is pretty hard for your competitor to beat. This will allow you to generate greater sales or margins and/or let you penetrate the market at a great advantage over other businesses who have been in the market already selling their goods or services for a while.

How can I develop competitive edge?

Competitive edge can be internal or external, in other words, it doesn’t have to be that you must sell your product or service at a cheaper price (external) but maybe you have a way to streamline the process to get it to your customer faster then your competitor (internal). It really comes down to how much money you can make and how fast you can do what makes you money when it comes to internal ways of competitive edge. It could also be a specific formula or propriety way of developing or creating something that only you have the power do to or hold, like for example coca cola and its recipe for making their soda taste the way it does.

That leads me to discuss another factor that can play heavily in any market place as far as competitive edge. Use the law and governments to your advantage when it comes to competitive edge. Create work that is licensed by you and only you can give those license. Research any type of litigation or problems businesses in your industry are experiencing and use that to develop a competitive edge.

Researching is a very important part of developing your competitive edge. The main thing you start with is of course your competitor, especially on fiverr where it might be heavily saturated with people doing the same thing as you. First take a look at their advertisements, their structured gig outlines, then look at what they do outside of Fiverr and see if they do anything to bring some traffic in, this is where you use google. See what you can do to have a specific advantage over them, if you can’t figure something out just by observing, then that is when you become a spy. Well not a spy but what you do is try out their service, buy their gig, talk to them, ask hard questions or needy questions to see how they handle the customer service or what they do. See how they deliver their gigs or if something happens how do they compensate for the inconveniences? You might have a competitive edge you can advertise that they don’t give or advertise. For example you can mention in your gig that you offer complete customer satisfaction that they probably won’t get any where else.

How do I advertise my competitive edge? What do I say? I really can’t find any competitive edge.

There are always competitive edges you can do or find, some come at a cost and sacrifice, for example there is a thing called a “loss leader” meaning you sell 1 of your gig services or products at cost of what you pay for or you are willing to work for, then you use your salesman or saleswoman skills to try to upsell and sell some gig extras or more gigs or whatever. This is a sure way to give your customers a bang for their buck and give them a sense of value every time they shop with you. That is one thing you should keep in mind when trying to come up with your competitive edge, give your customers a SENSE of value. You do that with mixing in words in your gig description or title ad like “the BEST blah blah” and you can say you are the best because you aren’t stating who you are comparing yourself too. You get the idea. Wording is very important, you should catch the eye of the buyer right away within 5 words or less and in that statement make it stand out that YOUR gig will have amazing value for their dollar.

Add some freebies to your gigs as bonuses, this adds to the competitive edge you can have over your competition but before you even THINK about offering freebies or bonuses you have to know that your customer needs or wants or will USE something of the sorts. Keep it related to the niche your customer is in, understand your customer that is shopping on Fiverr and why they need your service. That is also very important.

Fiverr is quickly becoming one of the most popular places to do shopping on, on a personal and business level. Fiverr reaches a worldwide audience and is available 24 hours a day and that is a competitive edge right there! You can offer your gig 24/7! For this reason more and more potential customers are turning to Fiverr and for a variety of other reasons including researching products and services and making purchases they couldn’t make anywhere else. As more and more buyers turn to Fiverr for these reasons, it is important for a seller and his/her business to establish a solid Fiverr online presence to make sure they sell no matter if they are on top or bottom of the searches. This is so important because failure to do so may result in your competitors gaining an competitive edge over you in competing for sales on Fiverr, so make things happen as quick as possible, post your gigs as quick as possible.

While it is important for Fiverr sellers to begin Internet marketing campaigns it is also important for these same sellers to realize basic advertising principles still exist and they cannot neglect these principles such as competitive edge. Most importantly those who have gigs on Fiverr have to be aware of who their target audience is and how to reach this audience on or off the Fiverr search place.

As with any marketing campaign, Fiverr business owners/sellers (you) should do some market research before they launch their Fiverr gigs and competitive edge campaign. Ideally this will involve hiring a research consultant with a great deal of experience in conducting and evaluating this type of market research which CAN be found on fiverr! Use Fiverr for these things too. The results of this research should determine the basic demographical information for the Fiverr target audience. The results should also include information on how to reach this target audience outside of Fiverr to lead them to your gig profile, that is why Fiverr provides the share buttons to sellers, USE THEM! A fiverr business that cannot afford $5 to hire a consultant to conduct this market research should still make an effort to obtain this information on their own using google or visiting the Fiverr forums and reading or posting questions.

(Continued Below)

(Continued From Above)

Once this information is obtained, it is important to tailor the Fiverr marketing and competitive edge campaign to appeal to the target audience. There are a number of different ways to ensure the right title, gig description is reaching the right people in a manner they can understand and in which they can relate. Some of the ways in which your Fiverr marketing and competitive edge campaign can be tailored is the use of more advanced design features for your gigs such as audio and video for your gig, this is one thing Fiverr encourages sellers to get accustomed to doing and has a successful rate of increasing click-thru towards your gigs. Use these same videos as a template to post videos on video sites to direct them to your Fiverr profile page.

The aesthetic appeal of a gig description with a video or audio picture can greatly contribute to if a Fiverr buyer will click on that buy button. A Fiverr gig video which is designed to attract the attention of an older generation with more conservative tastes should include muted colors, clean design and conservative graphics, include a soft spoken tone of voice over. This will help to ensure your Fiverr target audience enjoys the gig they just clicked on. Conversely if you are looking to appeal to a younger Fiverr audience with more liberal viewpoints you might chose to design your gig video with bold colors, eye catching graphics and creative design features.

The description you include on your Fiverr gig should also take your target audience into consideration. Consider the examples of a conservative and a liberal audience listed above to create a better understanding of how the copy on your Fiverr gig, the competitive edge “call out” can appeal to the target audience. When marketing to a more conservative audience, the gig description should be tailored to use formal language and use facts to back up viewpoints on your competitive edge. For example “Affordable but the same value of competitors”. However, when you are marketing to a more liberal audience or a younger audience you can consider using less formal language which is likely to appeal to the target audience. For example “I’m the best in the west on Fiverr” You can also focus more on emotion to express viewpoints on your competitive edge, if you have a broad demographics or client base that is on Fiverr, you don’t have to worry how formal you are as long as you have a strong call with the catching eye points I have shared with you in this article. If you are having a hard time, just look for examples on the internet and kind of copy those to start with on your gigs.

Best wishes to all current and future sellers on Fiverr. I have to get back to work now. 🙂 Will write more later.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived