UNLIMITED REVISIONS :Right or wrong ? logo designers

rachidhue

Hi Fiverrs, I hope you’re all doing well with delivering your orders.

I was thinking about people offering unlimited revisions, if it’s a wrong thing to do or it’s a way of saying BUYER SATISFACTION IS GUARANTEED. I know it opens the door for bad buyers who want to take the work for free but it’s completely risky.

The word ''Unlimited" according to Merriam Webster English dictionary is an adjective meaning ‘‘without any limits or restrictions’’. So when you tell your buyers that you are offering unlimited revisions you should never tell them that they reached a reasonable amount of revisions because you simply said UNLIMITED and you should keep your word.

I personally offer Unlimited revisions, and I confess it’s completely wrong. Sometimes I meet buyers with requirements that really squeeze my nerves. I do it because It helps me with competition, for most of the orders it doesn’t normally go beyond two to three revisions to get the order straight and even more, some customers even offer me a tip for the extra work done.

How do you see offering unlimited revisions ? Good or bad ? It values the work or it opens the door for scammers ?

Update : Fiverr just introduced modification limiting to logo design category. You’ll need to specify the number of revisions you provide in your basic gig then the price and the required time for any extra modifications you choose.

Tell us what you think about this feature.

I was looking for tips on selling logos and came across a blog post about how people looking for logos can avoid scammers and one of the tips said that people with unlimited revisions isn’t necessarily good, it may mean they have a low quality product and confident designers will not offer that because they feel confident in their work. That’s just one guys opinion though… personally I am not offering unlimited but my account is very new I’m still waiting for customers. 🙂

Reply to @idesigngraphic: I don’t agree with you. If you have got talent but you have zero sales then who knows you got talent?

You used a term ‘Confident Designer’ but i think Seller with good reviews don’t offer unlimited revisions.

People do unlimited revision to attract buyers, what wrong in that? I know we meet all kind of buyers but the key to success is persistence. Being a new seller, i offered free vector files, worked day and night for $4 to attract buyers, and look now i increased my price for same work.

Don’t judge anyone. You will find bad sellers, good sellers, best sellers on fiverr.

Reply to @idesigngraphic: One more thing. So called confident sellers do not provide unlimited revisions not because they are ‘confident’, because they don’t care about a single negative review out of 100 reviews. But if new seller gets a negative review, he will never get a order again.

Please correct yourself.

For 5.00? No way am I offering unlimited revisions. I’m happy to do the one included and maybe another small one but at the 5.00 price point, they don’t get much time. And unfortunately, many people aren’t answering my questions to begin with so I am spending time pushing for information I asked for to start with and did not get.

Now for a higher end project? I do not think it’s terrible to work till satisfied.

Just my opinion.

Reply to @gailbunning:
I did it for 5$ when I just started, now my average selling price is 15$ and I very often get orders of 60$ and 70$.
It’s a great way to build confidence and attract buyers when you’re new but when the business starts to get bigger, the seller better puts down restrictions to avoid getting overwhelmed with endless modification requests from 5$ orders.

Definitely wrong! I work for any $5 basic gig and for any seller gig extras need to be their main income source. So if any customer want revisions they need to pay extra. Fiverr is a great place to buy cheap services so $5 for a logo is already way to low. But not anybody can uderstand that so if you offer free unlimited revisions that mean you are a super-fast genius graphic designer or you can work all day for $5.

Any seller need to value his work and any buyer need to value his expectations for the amount spent.

In starting as a new seller or level 1 seller you should offer Unlimited revisions. If you find any bad buyer who ask for modification just to get his work free of cost, Simply contact with Fiverr Customer Support.
But I think if you said 1 or maybe 2 revisions. but Buyer can still Request for Modification unlimited time. Bad buyers can also get free work if you have 1-2-3 etc. revisions…
I think fiverr should also make Modification limit in Logo Design as it is in Illustration.

I think 3 revisions is reasonable and each one should include a payment. After 3, maybe you and client are not a good fit for each other and business should be sought elsewhere. The client is responsible for delivering adequate instructions just as the seller is responsible for delivering quality product.

There was a condition why I changed my revision policy from unlimited to only 3.

1. When I offered unlimited revision, buyer asked multiple modification request only to compare one delivery product with another. I have no problem with it when my sales is still loose. But after my order queue is getting tighter, it’s very hard for me to manage between doing modification and an order.
  2. With limiting my revision policy, buyer become more details about what he/she want me to revise. So I think reduce your revision policy has it’s own perks.

BTW, I’ve heard that fiverr would make an extra for modification. At which gig section and when it will be applied?

Archived