Frustrating GIG replies

morphologis

So I’ve had a gig request out there for probably a month now, and I have yet to find someone to work with me on an intro. I explicitly requested a unique one off intro with exclusive rights, and not one reply of the 45 recieved seems to have read my request. I did reply to a few of them to inquire if they would work with me on the intro, but several weeks on I have yet to recieve a reply. Am I doing it wrong? Have you had a similar experience?

Why not try contacting a few sellers with your request. It does not sound that unusual.

However, it’s possible that many sellers use templates which is why they may not be able to give you exclusive rights.

What is your budget for this? And can we see what your buyer request actually says? I wonder if it is straightforward.

But I have heard that buyer requests don’t always work so well, because you have to really stop and think about it for a moment…which sellers are the ones replying to buyer requests? Not many of the top rated sellers with orders in their queue. It’s the newbiews trying to get started. Not all, but a majority. That is why I might suggest contacting some of the top sellers in the video intro fields and ask for quotes directly. You can message someone on their gig page.

Hi @morphologis, thanks for your post. As a Seller here, I must admit that I’m actually not entirely clear about this language - what exactly is a One-Off intro?

If you need references for voice-over / video production, etc., feel free to shoot me a direct message and I’d be happy to refer you.

Reply to @kjblynx: Thank goodness, the system has changed some. Among those, sellers can now send personal messages when replying to buyer requests. A few options changed and for me, at least, it has been fairly useful. It’s still not what it needs to be, but better, so I thought I’d give you the info. 🙂

@morphologis,

morphologis said: I explicitly requested a unique one off intro with exclusive rights

That's hard. The ones who didn't reply to you are often using "templates" (probably quite illegally as they didn't possess the correct licenses)

As you want a unique one, be prepared to spend more. I'd expect $50 or much more for a high quality custom made intro with strong effects.

If you can't really find one, I'd suggest @dfenty (http://www.fiverr.com/dfenty) as he doesn't use any templates for his gigs (which is crème de la crème, and extremely rare on Fiverr!). Maybe he'll do a custom order for you if you're planning to spend more.

Archived