License agreement

robinfg

What is all this new fee for a license to do illustrations. The original agreement with Fiverr is that all illustrations

belong to the buyer unless it’s in the gig to begin with. I think this is a crap shoot. If I own the illustrations, then I don’t have to advertise on my book cover or in a bio info on the illustrator plus they must have my written permission to show the pictures on Fiverr as advertisment for themselves. Plus you want the fee paid per gig. If I have 20 pictures I would then order 1 gig of 20 pictures plus the license fee. That puts the seller on an extreme deadline to produce and can affect the quality of the product. The buyer gets no real guarantee that by buying the license the seller will not use the pictures somewhere in the future. It looks like a quick buck for the seller and Fiverr. I’m disappointed to see this suddenly appear.

I am so with you on this. I only found out about the license addition when a very confused buyer posted on the forum to ask why on earth she was suddenly being asked for an extra 50. She was afraid to rock the boat and just paid the new license fee which was set at $50 for her book cover.

I was really disappointed to find out that Fiverr not only implemented this new “extra” without a word on the News forum, but that they also added it by default without asking the sellers themselves.

How in the world would they proceed to enforce it legally? Unless my books, and I hove published twenty books this year with many Fiverr illustrators, became so well known that one picture used somewhere else was seen and reported. . . .give me a break. It’s like being hit with the service fee.

Archived